There are instructions on syncing Torch with laptop and getting iTunes (protected songs). Couldn't make it work. Bought scandisk and upgraded memory card for Torch. Was able to move iTunes to media card and have loaded it on Torch. Can locate songs through Explore on Media page but cant make them play. I know it is surely operater error. Friends say i probably need to download iTunes app for Blackberry Torch, I dont think so. Have seen on Web were there are software downloads to convert iTunes and then move them over from Tuneclone and ParkVu. Dont know if these really works or how much the download sofware is.

Anyone successful in moving protected iTUnes yet? How???
    09-24-10 11:01 PM
    well, what i normally do is to rename the file.
    save the song to your desktop/ drag it from itunes to desktop.
    then rename it with a .mp3 extension.
    and that's it. you can now play it as an mp3
    09-24-10 11:05 PM
    Gee, who knew that all one had to do to remove DRM is rename the file extension?

You're a noob with an unusually (to say the least) high post count, so I have call PW because posting something like that makes absolutely no frickin' sense at all.

The Torch will simply report that DRM songs are in an unsupported format. Period. If you want them on your Torch, you have to do an iTunes Plus upgrade (i.e., pay $0.30 more for each song, though not all will necessarily be available for upgrade) or burn them to a CD and then rip that CD (which results in further degradation to an already degraded mp3 format).

You can't just rename the file extension to .mp3. Would it were that simple.
    09-24-10 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD