Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author #1

Default issues with using torch as a dongle

hello all, i am very new to blackberry.

i use my torch as a dongle for the internet. but this is very slow cant even stream a tv show like eastenders. i have full signal and 3G coverage. when i had an iphone i could have 10 youtube screens open and it would work fine. i was wondering if anyone could help me with this and maybe tell me some settings i need to maybe change or.....

thankyou in advance for your help ..........please ask for any information what is needed. surely there is a way to make it quicker than this

torch 9800
    6.0 bundle 2949 (v6.0.0.668, platform 6.6.0.236)
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,485 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ste Howorth View Post

i use my torch as a dongle for the internet. but this is very slow cant even stream a tv show like eastenders. i have full signal and 3G coverage. when i had an iphone i could have 10 youtube screens open and it would work fine. i was wondering if anyone could help me with this and maybe tell me some settings i need to maybe change or.....

thankyou in advance for your help ..........please ask for any information what is needed. surely there is a way to make it quicker than this

torch 9800
    First things first, do a battery pull and a OS update (if you can).

The connection speed of a 9800 is not brilliant to start off with to be honest. 3g is good but not as good as HSDPA+ or LTE so that will be a starting point.

Secondly: Depending on your area, you may not have adequate reception (signal strength). I would say contact your carrier but they will probably say the same thing. Good luck.

Welcome to the Crackberry forums too
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Ste Howorth View Post

torch 9800
    Not a big deal. firstly chill. dont be worried. it may be a naetworg lag. torch has a nice 3g speed. i might say blazing 3g. just do a battery pull take out your sim card slip it back again and try again.. it will work.