Hi all

I have a few Blackberry 9800 Torch phones in the office here. They all have one of the following BB software versions installed:

6.0 Bundle 695 v6.0.0.246

6.0 Bundle 2391 v6.0.0.534

6.0 Bundle 2949 v6.0.0.668

I have tried to update all of them from the Blackberry Desktop Manager (version 6.1.0.35, Released 7 June 2011 Bundle 34), but I get a message saying there are no updates available for any of them. How is this possible, if they all have different different versions of the BB software? Surely they should all update to the same version?

Thanks for any help

Naz
    12-21-11 07:32 AM
    Updating through Desktop Manager only offers the latest official carrier OS. Without more information it is tough to tell if that is the issue.

Best way to upgrade is with Loader instead. http://forums.crackberry.com/general...er-exe-574814/ That process allows loading any leaked or official OS of your choice so long as the OS is device specific and the vendor files are deleted.
    12-21-11 09:05 AM
    I am a bit wary about loading software this way, as these are company phones, and I dont want anything to go wrong with them. Is there any other information I can provide that would help figure out why they arent all upgrading to the latest software using BDM?
    12-21-11 10:35 AM
    i have the same problem.. and the app loader only remove app....
    what am i doing rong?
    ?
    12-21-11 07:13 PM
    i have the same problem.. and the app loader only remove app....
    what am i doing rong?
    ?
    Have you downloaded a leak OS onto your PC?
    12-21-11 07:44 PM
    I am a bit wary about loading software this way, as these are company phones, and I dont want anything to go wrong with them. Is there any other information I can provide that would help figure out why they arent all upgrading to the latest software using BDM?
    Are all three phones from the same carrier? If not, then I'm afraid you can't upgrade OS via DM. As sedalia066 said, when you connect your phone, DM only shows carrier released upgrades.
    12-21-11 08:39 PM
    I was able to load the NZ 706 version on my AT&T 9800 using the method above. Just make sure you've removed any previous versions of DM and then make SURE you delete all occurrences of vendor.xml (there are more than one).

Having said that, why do you want to upgrade them?
    12-21-11 09:25 PM
    All the phones are from the same carrier, O2 UK. They were also bought around about the same time as each other. I just cant understand why they wouldnt all upgrade to the same version???
    01-03-12 05:11 AM
    If you go to the O2 UK link in the BB downloads section, you can get the full .668 version. That should allow you to update 2 of the phones since 1 is already @ .668.

try:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...D4476A82.node1
    01-03-12 12:31 PM
    hey guys im trying to update my bb torch 9800..everything went very well till now....now mobile is on loading bar screen n its struck on that screen for about 30mins, is it fine or something went wrong....im attaching a pic which shows an error occurred....ive tred this solution as well bt still struck...pls help me out...
    01-03-12 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD