Last BB I had was the storm 1. I then went through the following phones:
    Droid 1 x 3, Palm Pre, Evo, Droid X, Now the iPhone 4. I can't find anything I don't like about the iPhone 4 except that its perfect. I kind of miss being on here, all the leaked/ hybrid os stuff. Is this wierd? What do you guys think.... Should I try trading the iPhone 4 for a torch? Or should I stay with the Iphone 4? Please don't blast me too bad....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-10 04:52 AM
    that was posted from my iphone 4.
    This is not a bash the BB or anything, and before you bash me for the ETFs I find creative ways to get out of them. Sometimes I end up eating the cost. Oh I also had the iPhone 3gs too.
    Last edited by eakrish; 12-05-10 at 04:56 AM.
    12-05-10 04:53 AM
    I would suggest you go to a cell provider's store and use one of their demo units first, or perhaps try a friend's torch out if you know anybody that has one. Would hate to have you make the switch and then be unhappy with it, without knowing what the phone was like first.

Glad you're thinking of coming back though. From my experience, the Torch really is an awesome device.

Edit: I actually like mine so much, and am so comfortable with it, every (save for perhaps one or two) post I have made on the CB forums has been from my Torch.

Last edited by dochouse7; 12-05-10 at 05:00 AM.
    12-05-10 04:58 AM
    Is this the device you currently have? The torch I mean....
    12-05-10 04:59 AM
    You say the iPhone 4 is perfect. Stick with it then.
    12-05-10 05:00 AM
    there is nothing cool to do with it. I already jailbroke it, now its just boring.
    12-05-10 05:01 AM
    It all depends on what you use that i4 for my friend. I went from a 3g to a 3gs to the torch over i4. I simply CANNOT stand apples os. From a young age using mac computers in school, I hated apples layout. Their OS is complete garbage in comparison to windows. This was crucial for me leaving apple and the fact that I was barely using the apps and it was no longer my toy. I simply love OS6, its great in so many ways. The torch itself is a great phone and I have zero complaints other than the browser isn't as fast as id like it to be. Its still a rather rock solid experience though, and if your more of an email type of person and a more professional person in general than the torch is right for you. My best advice is look up the crackberry review of the torch and sum it up as to whether your going to like this device or not.
    12-05-10 05:01 AM
    It really depends on what you need from a phone. I'm not one to switch to different phones every 6 months, or even every year unless something goes wrong with the phone.

I had the iPhone3G, which was cool, but I missed having a physical keyboard and I hated all the fingerprints that would get left on the screen. But, I bought the phone and was going to keep it regardless. Then my iPhone just up and quit on me... shut off one night and would never come back on. I decided I wasn't happy with Apple and wanted to go back to BlackBerry and I really love my Torch. I don't use the touchscreen (because of the fingerprints and I'm more comfortable with the trackpad).

It really is up to you and what you need from your mobile device. The Torch has everything I want: A big screen, physical keyboard, camera, apps, and it looks sexy too. I'm very glad I decided to go back to BlackBerry. That being said, I plan on keeping this phone for awhile, at least until my 2-year contract is up and depending on what else RIM has developed.

Best of luck with your decision!
    12-05-10 05:02 AM
    I love my macbook..... This is not making it any easier. I saw the review.... is the browser really slower than the IP4?
    12-05-10 05:04 AM
    I love my macbook..... This is not making it any easier. I saw the review.... is the browser really slower than the IP4?
    obviously, your comparing a 1ghz processor to a 624 mhz processor.
    12-05-10 05:04 AM
    noticably different though?
    12-05-10 05:05 AM
    noticably different though?

Lol, kinda funny I decided to load the same sites as them on the count of 3. Now on .337 the speeds were very close and I could actually tie i4. My wifi also seemed instant on crackberry.com and it tied the i4 on 3g.
    Last edited by brettmyster; 12-05-10 at 05:21 AM.
    12-05-10 05:07 AM
    Browser works perfect, IMO. I think it's better than the iPhone3G. I keep my 9800 on 2G ALL the time and don't have browser issues.
    12-05-10 05:07 AM
    WOW.... I don't know.... def the slowest between those three
    12-05-10 05:20 AM
    so with the updates its a bit closer?
    12-05-10 05:22 AM
    Yea cleared cookies cache everything, ties the i4 on 3g. Wifi is pretty much instant. I also heard a lot of reports saying .337 had a noticeable browser boost. Im also not sure what os version this browser test was ran on.
    12-05-10 05:25 AM
    any other thoughts on this?
    12-05-10 05:29 AM
    Either way im happy with the browser, its a lot like windows. Hopefully soon it will have flash support, which will be great. Now in the playbook promo they hint at "this is the torch browser with full flash support. Not running dual core" In other words the torch browser has working flash on the playbook. If your really that happy with your i4 than don't bother, it is the better phone regardless. Comes down as to what you like and in my case in Canada the i4 was going for 159 vs the torch's 229 and I went with the torch over i4.
    12-05-10 05:33 AM
    what about reception? and using things like facebook.... does it take a while to load those up?
    12-05-10 05:35 AM
    there is nothing cool to do with it. I already jailbroke it, now its just boring.
    And what makes you think the BB is more fun? Play a game or something on the iPhone. Theme the iPhone. What do you expect to do with the BB that is more entertaining? It has horrible games compared to iOS, and you can only theme it.

You are just going to get bored all over again and buy a new device. If you really enjoy tinkering with your device, Android is your best bet. I know you had Android devices and obviously left them for a reason, but the customization is endless and since you like playing with your device a lot, there you go.

Otherwise just stick with the iPhone. It has more fun things available than a BB (since you don't want to get bored).
    Last edited by avt123; 12-05-10 at 05:42 AM.
    12-05-10 05:40 AM
    fun as in messing with the device itself. I fully plan to jump back on the android band wagon just as soon as LTE for verizon is up. I assume the first LTE phone will be a android based phone.
    12-05-10 05:42 AM
    Phone companies most love you, new phone every month.

12-05-10 05:44 AM
    I have been using BB since 2001 and Iphone ever since it was launched few years ago. Both are incomparable in terms of feature and performance..Iphone4 definitely scores over BB Torch in terms of Graphics and app store...can't live with any of the two....
    12-05-10 05:44 AM
    i dont play games or anything on the iphone. just minimal browsing and medical type stuff. as well as facebook and email and texting.
    12-05-10 05:48 AM
    There's like no point in switching for the torch unless you like bb and the physical keyboard. Maybe dells new win7 phone? Its beast. Microsoft even said what took apple 3 years took them 3 months in the sense to bash them. Dell made 25000 of its employees drop bb and switch to their win7 phone. Must be good?

12-05-10 05:53 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD