My internet no longer pops up on my Blackberry Torch...? It has a small box with two arrow keys in the corner every time I hit the browser on the touch screen. I feel like I've overloaded it and would like advice to close it down without trying to open it again.

In case you didn't realize, brand new to BBs so keep everything in plain English. Thanks.
    03-20-11 11:01 PM
    First, try removing and reinserting the battery. That's a trick you can use anytime you are having basic user issues with your blackberry. They do a very good job of fixing themselves most of the time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-11 12:52 AM
    I'm confused by the question... Are you refering to the entire device's internet connection (BIS) or just in the browser's connection.

As soon as you open the browser it seems as if it's loading something bug. Do you have the browser set to a homepage maybe?

What happens when you try going to a different website ??

03-21-11 01:38 PM
    I took it as the connection icon was showing up the browser wouldn't display

03-21-11 02:11 PM
    Sometimes my browser won't even load... i just do a battery pull and then it works again. No idea what the problem is...
    03-21-11 10:14 PM
    I'm pretty much having the same issue - every so often the default browser just won't open. It seems like the system locks up. I can get into other apps (after a little time & either the back or "hang up" button - don't know which is actually having an impact).

It seems like I try to open a link via facebook or email and the system "acts" like the browser is going to open (asked if I want to open said link, the arrow icons appear in the top right of the screen), but NADA. I may be off my rocker, but it seems like at least 9/10 times it's opening a link that starts the issue. And these are legit links (not spam scams).

I've tried "full power off" - no change. The only thing that works is a battery pull (and I don't know about anyone else, but I about need a crowbar to get the battery out).

Hope this clarifies the issue. I was really hoping that this was a known issue with a known fix (just paid for tetherberry & don't want to pay for another install because I sent the Torch back for replacement).

Annie
    03-25-11 01:21 PM
    What os are you using?

03-26-11 07:23 PM
    I have had my browser really hang when I unknowingly had several tabs open when I opened my browser cause it was loading all the pages at the same time. If you have yet to update your os from the original os the shipped with your phone, that would be the first thing on my list to do. Os 6 is new, as is the Torch. The updates are fairly big improvements as compared to older devices that just need bug fixes

03-26-11 07:41 PM
    Power off will not do anythingm.. Pull the battery out (you don't need a crowbar... A knifr, nail file, or any slim blunt object should do... Or download an app to simulate a battery pull (quickpull)

Or press ALT + L-SHIFT + DEL all at the same time for 3 seconds...

03-26-11 08:42 PM
    There a was a thread here a while ago with pictures that showed how someone put a small piece of tape on the battery so it was easier to pull out.

Just a note though, if your looking at the battery in the phone, on the right hand side there is a small notch in the phone and a groove in the battery to slide your fingernail in to pop it out.
    03-26-11 08:45 PM
    Im a pure n00b too, but im having the exact same problem. Is this typical off all torches or just a few. Because its kind of inconvenient to have to pull the battery 4 or 5 times a day.
    04-02-11 08:23 PM
    Im a pure n00b too, but im having the exact same problem. Is this typical off all torches or just a few. Because its kind of inconvenient to have to pull the battery 4 or 5 times a day.
    What version OS are you running?

04-02-11 08:52 PM
    What version OS are you running?

6.0 Bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246, Platform 6.4.0.105)

I just got the phone on Thursday. Just to do a 'test' I pulled the battery and the browser was working. I didn't start any other applications besides BBM and within 20 minutes the browser wasn't opening again. As well I have the wifi going on it which is the same wifi im using to post this on my laptop, so I would think its getting all the signal it needs.
    04-02-11 09:14 PM
    6.0 Bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246, Platform 6.4.0.105)

I just got the phone on Thursday. Just to do a 'test' I pulled the battery and the browser was working. I didn't start any other applications besides BBM and within 20 minutes the browser wasn't opening again. As well I have the wifi going on it which is the same wifi im using to post this on my laptop, so I would think its getting all the signal it needs.
    That's your problem right there. 246 is junk. Try 486 or the new one

04-03-11 05:02 PM
    That's your problem right there. 246 is junk. Try 486 or the new one

I used 246 for 2 weeks with no problems. You can't blame random problems on the OS specifically. There are thousands, if not millions, of people with the default 246 version of the OS without this problem.

Have you tried clearing your warning log? I find with too many programs open and the log full, it gave me undesirable effects in other programs. Never the browser, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible.

04-03-11 05:38 PM
    I'm running .246 and do not have a similar issue to the OP.

Lalajulep: you said "no longer". When did this start happening? Did you update/install anything recently?

Homer1475: The tape trick works great! (glad *I* thought of it).
    Last edited by saudadeii; 04-03-11 at 08:21 PM.
    04-03-11 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD