I have been using my torch 9800 perfectly;until lately there is always a problem connecting to the internet but the BIS is still activated so others (bbm,twitter e.t.c.) are working.I tried upgrading the os from .264 to .576 but still the same result.does somebody have a solution?
    06-06-12 05:21 PM
    Firstly I'd say use 6.0.0.264 as its more stable for me. Second turn off mobile data then back on. If that don't work, just re register hosting table and check apn setting. I find my connection too BIS works properly when TCP IP settings are used.
    Apn settings enabled and in APN section put "blackberry.net"
    06-06-12 05:47 PM
    I tried what you said but it didn't work and I upgraded it yesterday from 6.0.0.264 to 6.0.0.668,is there anyway I can downgrade it again? And is there any other solution?
    06-07-12 01:54 AM
    You might offer some more details beyond "a problem connecting to the internet".

What kind of problems?
    Do you see any error messages?
    "Until lately" implies something changed, either by your carrier or by you. What was it? Did you install any new apps? Do any other upgrades?

I run .706 and it works fine for me. There are a zillion threads on feedback on the different OS versions for the 9800. It proves there no one right answer. You may have to simply try a few things until you find one that works for you.
    06-07-12 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD