My blackberry was accidentally run over !

My external SDHC memory card survived so I'm pretty sure the one inside is okay too.

Will someone please let me know if...

1,) retrieving the internal memory can be done

2,) how much the price range is

3,) what does the chip itself look like

I would like to retrieve my personal photos of my son and family !

If someone could please help...Me and my babies would be so very thankful

Thanks in advance guys !

♥ Love HoPeR ♥
    Last edited by hoper-g; 05-02-11 at 02:51 AM. Reason: addIng SmiLES !!!
    05-02-11 02:45 AM
    If you can connect to Desktop manager, then just backup the device and you can input it into a new phone.

if it will not connect then its just undo-able.
    05-02-11 03:58 AM
    just because the external one survived...it really doesnt mean your internal memory will be ok.

how badly is the phone damaged? have you tried hooking it up to a computer or is it literally in bits?

i would expect there to be quite a hefty price tag on such an operation
    05-02-11 04:02 AM
    I agree. My guess is that the internal memory is a bare 4 Gb ram chip with its pins soldered directly to the main board. If that board is cracked, then its ability to communicate to the usb connector is likely shot. Plus, the phone has to work so the processor and memory controller can access it and then talk to the usb controller to hope for a retrieval through a PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-11 09:37 AM
    If you can connect it to your computer you should be good.

My BB Pearl impacted Asphalt at 65 miles per hour on my hip. Causing numerous cracks across the case, and destroying half of the LCD screen.

Even has I lay in the hospital, I was able to call out on it, say HI MOM, and then it died. Batt dead. Phone survived. Able to back it up when I got home. Give it a shot.

Chip extraction is the easy part. Getting the stuff to read it. Not worth it... it is a INVESTMENT, something a business can do, but a person, well, if he/she was a private citizen sure LOL. Even then the stuff would only read one "type" of internal flash. Not all are the same sadly.

Again, see if you can connect it to your computer. You may have to fiddle around a lot, but you may see success. Not everything gets broken ran over, if your lucky, it got ran over right down the middle of the tire.
    Last edited by JohnMidnight; 05-02-11 at 12:37 PM.
    05-02-11 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD