He said they are testing the Torch, and whatever you do, don't drop it. He said their testing has shown the screen/slider portion to be quite fragile. Moreover, he said they've been told replacement screens wouldn't be available for 3-4 months.

Not sure if this is a big deal to anyone, but he strongly recommended keeping it in a very good quality case ("carbon fiber" was the phrase he used...lol). This guys is pretty down to earth and very much a nice guy and straight shooter, so I have no reason to doubt him.

On another note, he said they should be able to provision my Torch for BES next week!
    09-08-10 02:46 PM
    Truesupplier has replacement screens available, or at least they have them listed on the site, doesn't actually say whether they are in stock or not.
    09-08-10 02:54 PM
    I would think that any slider phone would be more fragile if dropped. I don't see the Torch being more fragile than another slider. I have also seen quite a few cracked screens on iphones because they were dropped. Bottom line..
    Don't drop your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 07:02 PM
    Just dropped my Torch. Hit the wood floor flat on its back with a pretty loud sickening sound. Slider popped open

No damage.
    09-08-10 09:17 PM
    It's here say. Their testing? Did they go buy some and drop them as an experiment? Any phone can be broken if dropped. Sure a slider style phone is more likely to be damaged than a brick style phone. Just don't drop it.
    09-08-10 09:31 PM
    dropped mine on the sidewalk - no issues ... works fine
    09-08-10 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD