So I'm having issues updating my Torch to any of the leaked OS's. It always fails on uploading ram image during the install process and then I get App error 507. It would normally lead me to believe that it is due to using parallels but I also have a Bold 9700 that I can install using the same process just fine.

Any ideas on why this happens? I really need to update my Torch because the battery life is horrid.
    02-01-11 07:04 PM
    Parallels is the only VM application that I can get the OS's to install in. Both Fusion and VirtualBox fail at uploading RAM image but Parallels works fine. Have you made sure you are running the latest version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-11 07:22 PM
    I actually had the very same issue in Win 7 with my first 2 Torches. They were Mexico5 builds and wouild do this constantly. Unplug, pull battery, reinstall battery, and then continue installation while phone is booting. This worked for me - as unorthodox as it sounds. Even making sure the computer could/could not turn the USB port off made no difference. My current Torch is a Mexico4. Assembly is TERRIBLE but no program issues at all. Hope this helps.

X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-11 10:04 PM
    same problem. install fail when trying to upload ram image for upgrade my torch to .450. But.... i have use it (win7 emulated on parallel) for upgrade thr 9700 of my wife from 5.0 to 6.0.... it's a mistake!

For upgrade my Torch i have used the macbook pro with bootcamp and win7: that's work greath!
    02-02-11 05:25 AM
    Weird.. I can't upgrade my Torch to BDHP Hybrid 6.0 but upgrading to the leaked .450 works fine. When I try installing the hybrid over .450, it always gets stuck at uploading ram image. I've tried everything, except what XPirion said, so I think I might give that a go. Win7, I've read, has always had problems with upgrading an OS. I reinstalled WinXP on Parallels but It still always gets stuck there. Try updating your computer, yesterday I needed around 80 or so updates, I installed them all, restarted my computer and .450 installed smoothly (Before it actually wouldn't work then I updated and it worked) Installing the hybrid still won't work though so I'm really hoping XPirion's advice is going to work.
    02-02-11 06:21 AM
    Ok, AFter hours of slaving over parallels and reformatting and reinstalling os 6 on my bb 9700 i found a solution. First, i found that during my setup on parallels, the USB would disconnect and reconnect multiple times, the First time occuring during the "Connecting to BOOT ROM" stage. When this happened, i noticed that BB desktop manager (BBDM) would load up on my mac so it seemed like MAC was obviously detecting the USB connection before winXP on parallels would. So i adjusted the preferences for BBDM on mac to have it NOT start up when a device is connected to the computer. I went back to parallels and tried the install again. The set up was now working fine. It was able to pass the "Connecting to BOOT rom" stage and "connecting to JVM" stage. A problem arose when it tried to "reconnect to JVM" after the software was installed.... it seemed like it was not detecting the USB again. An error came up on parallels saying to Reconnect the USB device and retry again. Now, it's important that when you see this you unplug your bb and DONT PLUG IT IN RIGHT AWAY. Instead, wait till the BB attempts to load the software and then you'll see the "RELOAD software: Error 507". When you see the white screen with "error 507" Connect your blackberry back to your MAC. The setup should continue immediately and proceed normally and will load the applications and so forth.

I really hope this helps everyone. It worked for me!

Also... i'm using MAC OSX 10.6.6 and Parallels 6
    Last edited by dvt99; 04-03-11 at 12:49 PM.
    Jared DiPane likes this.
    04-03-11 12:41 PM
    Have you guys deleted any vendor.xml?
    04-03-11 12:48 PM
    I use it all the time with my Mac and Torch. Never a challenge. Just make sure that you turn off the BBDM (Mac) launch on connect within the preferences and you should be fine.
    04-06-11 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD