Sa I got a new replacement device including a new battery a few weeks back and the battery drains are still there and insanely huge. I'm talking like 40% in 2 hours, with just a little texting and 20 mins of music. So I guess it must be an app that is draining it. I don't know what it can be. When I check the CPU what is running it indicates things like Score Mobile, OS & Led, Youtube Viewer, Smart Wifi, BeWeather, Memory Booster, Quickslide, Vodafone Contact Backup and Whatsapp are running (aside from the core BB apps). Any of these know to be causing battery drains?
    09-04-12 03:59 PM
    I'm not sure what app may be causing it, but my wife and I were having the same issue, but only in certain areas...certain cities, etc. I just downloaded Application Resource Monitor on my device (9810) and not on my wife's (9780). So far so good on mine, hers still has drain issues. I'll give it a few more days just to be sure, but the app is free in app world, so maybe give it a shot?
    09-04-12 04:15 PM
    Isn't the Resource Monitor limited to 7.1 devices?
    09-04-12 04:22 PM
    Funny you should mention that...I just checked on my wife's phone, and it's not available. Sorry for the misinformation.
    09-04-12 04:27 PM
    I would ask you to remove what's app and all those other apps and then install them one by one. One/some of them could be the source of this battery drain. If I remember correctly, this happened to me with what's app and re-installing that solved the problem.
    09-04-12 04:50 PM
    Sa I got a new replacement device including a new battery a few weeks back and the battery drains are still there and insanely huge. I'm talking like 40% in 2 hours, with just a little texting and 20 mins of music. So I guess it must be an app that is draining it. I don't know what it can be. When I check the CPU what is running it indicates things like Score Mobile, OS & Led, Youtube Viewer, Smart Wifi, BeWeather, Memory Booster, Quickslide, Vodafone Contact Backup and Whatsapp are running (aside from the core BB apps). Any of these know to be causing battery drains?
    I would set BeWeather to refresh at 2 hours (you can always manually update all locations by pressing the "L" key, when needed). YouTube viewer should always be closed when not in use. Scoremobile I found to be a battery hog -- I ditched it.

I believe Memory Booster will also suck your battery if you're using the "auto boost" function. I'm dubious about such boosting apps at the best of times (they typically just initiate the built-in java "garbage cleaner"). But if you like it, I would turn off the auto boost and enable the global menu item and just run that if you're seeing the hour glass.

I'm afraid I can't speak to the other apps. Hope this helps. ~ecm
    09-04-12 04:55 PM
    Thanks for the tips. I believe I had most of those auto-functions turned off from the start so it's probably not that. BeWeather I've had since day one so I'm pretty sure it's not that one either. I don't know why ScoreMobile is running in the background while I'm not using it most of the time so I'll try and do without that one first. Thanks!
    09-04-12 05:21 PM
    Thanks for the tips. I believe I had most of those auto-functions turned off from the start so it's probably not that. BeWeather I've had since day one so I'm pretty sure it's not that one either. I don't know why ScoreMobile is running in the background while I'm not using it most of the time so I'll try and do without that one first. Thanks!
    Thinking on it further... Check Scoremobile's menu. You may have to choose "Exit" to close it properly. ~ecm
    09-04-12 05:32 PM
    I know about Score Mobile, it's not running when I press the BB Menu button, just when I check the CPU stats in the Help Menu. It's at 0% usage though...
    09-04-12 05:39 PM
    Actually in the past week I have been having a similar problem with my torch and I thought maybe it was WhatsApp also, but now I'm not so sure.
    On Saturday in particular I took 3 pictures in a row and my battery dropped from 80 down to 7 within minutes I checked my Meterberry app and the battery log showed the drop at 2:34pm and then I checked the properties of the pictures and they were all taken between 2:34pm and 2:38pm so the exact time of the drop. This never happened to me before and I could take pictures with no significant battery drain.
    Also it did it again today when someone sent me a pic on bbm and I viewed it and saved it and my battery dropped from 60 down to 4 in minutes Neither time I was using WhatsApp.
    I checked my camera settings to make sure I wasn't using the highest settings and its all set at normal so I'm really not sure whats going on but I don't like it
    Last edited by wendybeee; 09-04-12 at 07:49 PM.
    09-04-12 07:30 PM
    PROBLEM SOLVED:

It was the Wifi File Transfer app. I removed it and promptly the battery life became acceptable again.
    09-12-12 10:23 AM
    PROBLEM SOLVED:

It was the Wifi File Transfer app. I removed it and promptly the battery life became acceptable again.
    Which WiFi file transfer app was it? Anyone watching this post will want to avoid it.
    09-12-12 04:40 PM
    Wifi File Transfer Pro by Amaira Soft. Great idea, but even the paid version gave me constant pop-up ads that still appear after uninstalling this app.
    09-13-12 04:08 AM
    I have had mad battery drain just start a couple of days ago.....bought a new battery problem still there......I do think have made you apps on board and I haven't recently added one.....any tips advice suggestions gratefully received...
    09-15-12 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD