how do i keep my torch 9800 battery from draining
    10-30-11 08:41 PM
    Turn it off....

Seriously, there are many threads that talk about shutting down unnecessary apps. Check them out.
    10-30-11 10:34 PM
    First of all, let's see what's running on your phone. Press and hold the menu key for a second or two. It's the BB key to the left of the trackpad. What you'll see is a list of apps that are currently running on your phone. Some of these, such as Home, Messages, Browser, BBM, cannot be shut down, but many others can. If you see many other apps in that list, go to one of them. Once it's opened, press the menu key and select Close or Exit. This will properly shut down the app. Note that pressing the red phone button does not shut down the app, it minimizes it to the background where it continues to run and utilize battery power.

Another good habit to get into is to do regular battery pulls. With your phone powered on, remove the battery then replace it. This clears the cache and keeps your phone running smoothly. This is similar to restarting your PC to keep it running well. If you wish to do battery pulls but don't wish to actually remove the battery each time, I recommend a free app called QuickPull. You can even set it to restart your phone at a time when you're not there, so you don't have to worry about it at all. I've included a link to it below.

I hope my recommendations help you. Let us know your results.

Link to QuickPull: Free QuickPull - Download QuickPull - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Just a quick note, any app that runs off of GPS (most notably Google Maps) is a serious battery killer. Beware of that.
    10-31-11 08:09 AM
    thanks for the advice
    10-31-11 10:43 AM
    Additional information can be found in this article.
    10-31-11 02:28 PM
    to restart all you have to do is hold on keyboard left alt-right shift-del. No need for quickpull or removing the battery
    10-31-11 06:38 PM
    However, that does not do quite the same at re-organizing/re-booting the smartphone. A battery pull will the same as rebooting a computer. It will reorganize the device files and stop any strange glitches that may have developed.
    11-01-11 04:08 AM
    I doid almost everything I can to try and have more battery life on my phone and it has all worked and my phone can last fairly 12 hours or more heavy usage..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-11 02:57 PM
    Best recommendation i can give u is get a solar charger for ur 9800
    11-01-11 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD