Hi everybody,

I'm fresh new switcher on BB Torch

I have some questions about IMAP settings on BB.

=> I have 3 email accounts all configure with IMAP. When I receive an email on my devices and delete it on my Mac (for example), it's deleted on all my other devices (iPad, iPhone, Mac, ...) but not the BB ??? The mail is always on my device and I have to delete it once again on the BB.

=> I save some important mails on directory created on my mail account. I can't have access on it on my BB but well on the other devices ?

So, I suppose that there is a sync problem ? Or did you have an other idea ?

Thanks

PS : sorry if I make some mistakes in my english, I try do to my best :-)
    06-11-11 02:24 AM
    IMAP is not a true two way sync on a Blackberry.

All new messages hitting the inbox are pushed to your Blackberry, a message deleted from the Blackberry will be deleted on the server which will filter through to other devices accessing the services but not necessarily the other way with a mail deleted from the server.

Emails sent from the Blackberry will be pushed back to the sent folder on the server but again this does not happen the other way. Only sent items from the Blackberry will be visible on the phone, messages sent via other clients or even from the server itself will not show on the Blackberry.

Hope this helps you understand how IMAP works on BB
    joshua_eur likes this.
    06-11-11 05:49 AM
    Ok, I understand well the BB system.
    It's not the easy way but ok, I have no choice.

Thanks for your response
    06-11-11 02:39 PM
    Also should have said the native email client doesn't handle folders with a BIS setup

You may want to look at an app called Logicmail, this will add functionality of folders and also allow you to see your full mailbox
    06-11-11 03:19 PM
    Also should have said the native email client doesn't handle folders with a BIS setup

You may want to look at an app called Logicmail, this will add functionality of folders and also allow you to see your full mailbox
    06-11-11 03:19 PM
    I'm testing Logicmail... it seems to be a good client but need more time to try functionalities.

Thanks for the tip
    06-11-11 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD