I am about a month into my new Torch. It has OS6 .448 on it. The icons on the homepage are arranged in four columns. During the first week or so, I was able to move the "All" tab up and down and release so that it would have 2 or 3 rows shown. However, it is now only able to show either one row or four rows. Any idea how to make it the way it was? Also, the OS doesn't recognized chinese characters. Anything I can do to correct it. My old Storm did recognize Chinese.
    03-21-11 02:03 PM
    For the home screen icons, a simple battery pull should do it, as I have .448 and can drag the bar to make the icon menu smaller or larger. If not goto: Options - accessibility - home screen layout - and switch if to switch it to default

For thje languages, double check the settings here.
    Options - typing & input - languages

You can select different input, and display languages...

Let us know if this helped

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-11 07:02 PM
    On the torch, you need to install chinese characters separately through apps on your desktop manager. Try googling for a tutorial, there are a few out there.
    03-21-11 10:23 PM
    Just returned from a business travel and saw Tbrenn's post. The homepage icon trick worked beautifully. As far as the language options, Chinese is not one of the selections. Maybe it is like pinkrose said, I need to install a different OS version. I have 448 right now. If I do install a diferent OS version with Chinese, will I lose the languages that are currently on my Torch?
    03-23-11 07:56 PM
    Just returned from a business travel and saw Tbrenn's post. The homepage icon trick worked beautifully. As far as the language options, Chinese is not one of the selections. Maybe it is like pinkrose said, I need to install a different OS version. I have 448 right now. If I do install a diferent OS version with Chinese, will I lose the languages that are currently on my Torch?
    Glad to hear you got the home screen working.

you shouldn't need to reinstall the whole OS, just the additional languages...

if you end up reinstalling the OS completely, then you should be given the options during the install...
    03-23-11 09:08 PM
    I went into the application loader in Desk Manager and did not see Chinese or any East Asian languanges in the option. Does it mean OS 448 doesn't include those languages? If so, what will be my option?
    03-24-11 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD