I was in Waterloo today at a Timmies, and there was a guy using the Slider sitting on the curb. I was in a rush and should have asked him where/how he got it !!! It looked pretty nice in person, and my best guess is that he works for RIM. He wasn't trying to hide it or anything as anyone who walked by him could see it. When I got my coffee and stepped out to ask him, he was gone.

Like I said, I noticed it as I was walking towards him, and it looks pretty decent in person - definitely better than I thought. Opportunity missed!
    07-04-10 08:30 PM
    Come back when you see the elusive Storm3. Just kidding.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 09:08 PM
    I have heard of a few people playing with it who have family who work at RIM, I'm almost tempted to offer to take people to dinner if they can get me one for an hour!

I need to make a visit to Waterloo again.
    07-04-10 09:21 PM
    07-04-10 10:54 PM
    Like I said, I still can't believe I did not stop to talk to him. I figured he would still be there by the time I stepped out. I wish this guy is on crackberry and says "yes that was me sitting there" because trust me, even though its useless without pics, I and a friend saw it with our own eyes.

07-05-10 01:27 PM
    i actually currently live in waterloo, not too far from RIM campus. i have a friend who works for RIM and he told me that he's seen the slider himself, but wasn't able to get one. RIM just gave him a 9700 to use for work.
    07-05-10 11:51 PM
    i actually currently live in waterloo, not too far from RIM campus. i have a friend who works for RIM and he told me that he's seen the slider himself, but wasn't able to get one. RIM just gave him a 9700 to use for work.
    Yeah I had friends who worked co-op terms at RIM as well and saw the phone a while back. Its definitely out there!

07-05-10 11:57 PM
    you've been shell-shocked!
    Last edited by ibcnul8ter; 07-06-10 at 06:23 AM.
    07-06-10 06:21 AM
    Are you looking for a cookie? You coulda just asked instead of starting something completely pointless.
    07-06-10 09:13 AM
    Are you looking for a cookie? You coulda just asked instead of starting something completely pointless.
    Be nice.
    10 char

07-06-10 12:55 PM
    Honestly doesn't come nicely.
    07-06-10 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD