I'm loving my Torch and couldn't go back to the 9700 at this point. I'd end up touching the screen!
    01-20-11 10:10 AM
    Definitely the most useful thread of the day
    01-20-11 10:24 AM
    That's it, G*d Da**it...
    After a month......i just put my 9800 in the drawer and put my 9700 back into action.
    This Torch is too cumbersome for any novice. And I'm on my 9th Blackberry, so I'm no rookie.
    I'm sick and tired of that ridiculous virtual keyboard. I don't even have "man hands" and I still can't type with that lame keyboard. I'm sick of poking around my phone and 'accidentally' calling people.
    I'm sick of accidentally shutting off my network.....this phone has bumps and more bumps and the OS5 browser was never a deal-killer for me. And I don't think the OS6 browser is all that great.
    I'll hang for a year when my 4G Bold is ready.....until then.....
    the Bold 9700 is my baby!!!!!!!!!!
    there is a simple lock screen button on the top that will prevent most if not all your problems, man the f up. I love my bolds by the way
    01-20-11 01:33 PM
    Taking my Torch back for a 9700 tonight. I've had it for a week and I can't deal with the battery life. I have to charge it half way through the day. Seriously, 5 phone calls all 10-20 minutes in length and i'm down to 50%. Not running blue tooth, and don't have wifi turned on and no crazy apps running. Love the torch, (though I still have yet to master the touch screen, I do see that I'm improving and it would become like second nature at some point) but I can't remember to take a charger with me everywhere I go just incase I get stuck on a call longer than 20 minutes and wear the battery flat dead.
    01-20-11 03:37 PM
    That's it, G*d Da**it...
    I'm sick and tired of that ridiculous virtual keyboard. I don't even have "man hands" and I still can't type with that lame keyboard. I'm sick of poking around my phone and 'accidentally' calling people.
    I'm sick of accidentally shutting off my network
    You know you can turn off the Virtual Keyboard right? That's what I did after reading a tip right here on this very forum. I like navigating the phone with the touch screen, not typing (ugh)

I've never accidentally called anyone so.... sounds like you need to enable password lock or get a Pattern Lock like I did.

And, admittedly, my track pad can be a little sensitive, but I just dial down the sensitivity and exercise some patience.

My Torch is the best phone I've had so I can't really see much to complain about.
    01-20-11 03:41 PM
    That's it, G*d Da**it...
    After a month......i just put my 9800 in the drawer and put my 9700 back into action.
    This Torch is too cumbersome for any novice. And I'm on my 9th Blackberry, so I'm no rookie.
    I'm sick of accidentally shutting off my network.....this phone has bumps and more bumps and the OS5 browser was never a deal-killer for me. And I don't think the OS6 browser is all that great.
    Takes time, effort, and patience. Any problems I have had with the keyboard were based on "user error" and not the keyboard. Should have quit sooner and not waste your money.
    01-20-11 03:57 PM
    One post wonder?
    I wouldn't be posting in here but it's in the top threads, but I feel the OP - I don't like touch keyboards myself, and sliding is too much hassle - love my 9650 tho.
    Don't kill me Torch people, I think the Torch is awesome, just not the phone for me (and apparently for at least some of the same reasons as the OP).
    01-20-11 04:20 PM
    Taking my Torch back for a 9700 tonight. I've had it for a week and I can't deal with the battery life. I have to charge it half way through the day. Seriously, 5 phone calls all 10-20 minutes in length and i'm down to 50%. Not running blue tooth, and don't have wifi turned on and no crazy apps running. Love the torch, (though I still have yet to master the touch screen, I do see that I'm improving and it would become like second nature at some point) but I can't remember to take a charger with me everywhere I go just incase I get stuck on a call longer than 20 minutes and wear the battery flat dead.
    To me, that's not normal battery activity. I'm on my phone all the time. A LOT of text, emails, internet and some calls and my Torch can easily last through my day. It may be a bad battery, a problem with the os that you would have to reload it, an app that just isn't working right, etc. But I wouldn't say your battery experience is typical. There are many many people here who can attest to good battery life.

Sorry that it was so bad for you though. Wish you could have figured out what was causing the energy drain. I know it can be frustrating when it won't last as long as you need. That's what I LOVED about my 1st BB when I had gotten it- never had to worry about it dying on me. Hope you can find something that'll fit and work for you!
    01-20-11 04:25 PM
    I agree with the posters who are suggesting that the OPs symptoms are either abnormal, or cured by a dose of patience/experimentation. My Torch is my first touch screen phone, and as I get more used to using it (been about two weeks so far), I'm more impressed and happy with it. My wife has an iPhone4, and had an iPhone3 before that, so I had some idea what to expect with the touch screen.
    01-20-11 05:31 PM
    That's it, G*d Da**it...
    Its not like you picked up Fred Flintstone's conchshell. The 9700 is a dang good device. You likeing better than the Torch in no way demeans the Torch. The Torch isn't for everyone. Wanna part with it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 05:44 PM
    Not every phone works for every person! I'm with some of the others sell the 9800 and get some of your money back.
    01-20-11 07:31 PM
    aaahhh, life is so unfair....here I am, crushed my Torch, waiting for the Dakota/Torch2/Apollo, utterly miserable.

Man up, breathe, put it in a holster. Or sell it to me! Assuming it doesn't have any scratches or such....
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 01-20-11 at 07:44 PM.
    01-20-11 07:42 PM
    Loved your post!

Smart idea to put the Torch in the drawer too, don't be rash and sell it (unless you really do hate the thing). Most of us have experienced a degree of frustration with a touchscreen phone and the Torch is no exception...well, actually it is an exception because it gives you much more versatility than a pure touchscreen. So keep it around because you may find yourself drawn back to it again.

And....if no one else cares to mention it....am I the only one that digs the virtual dial-pad on the Torch? I'm a big fan of the Bold, but not a fan of retrieving voicemail if I have to punch extensions and passwords on the little keys.
    01-20-11 07:44 PM
    aaahhh, life is so unfair....here I am, crushed my Torch, waiting for the Dakota/Torch2/Apollo, utterly miserable.

Man up, breathe, put it in an Otterbox. Most of your problems will magically disappear.
    So sorry about your Torch Gotta say that although I LOVE my Torch, if someone handed me a Dakota for an even trade I'd do it without a second's hesitation. I miss my 9000 keyboard.

01-20-11 07:46 PM
    So sorry about your Torch Gotta say that although I LOVE my Torch, if someone handed me a Dakota for an even trade I'd do it without a second's hesitation. I miss my 9000 keyboard.

It'd be tough to give up the bigger screen, but the Dakota might be the perfect compromise as far as touch screen and keyboard are concerned.
    01-20-11 08:02 PM
    It'd be tough to give up the bigger screen, but the Dakota might be the perfect compromise as far as touch screen and keyboard are concerned.
    Touchscreen, full non-slider keyboard, Bold 9000 form factor... Just like having your cake and being able to eat it too!!

01-20-11 08:23 PM
    Please, don't sugarcoat it. I'm sure girlie-hands man can handle the harsh unabashed truth. ;-)
    LMAO, Girlie-Hands Man, definitelt the funniest response so far.

I went 9000 -> 9700 -> 9800, and use and iphone(that was given to me) for games. the ability to decide touch or physical keyboard. but i find if you know a keyboard layout, overall its fine, "some" getting used to is required, but definitely nothing to whine about.
    01-20-11 10:56 PM
    That's it, G*d Da**it...
    I feel you man... I gave back my iPhone 3g for my BB 8820. Now I have a Bold 9000. Won't give up my keyboard!
    01-20-11 11:06 PM
    I Love my Torch & my girl friend wanted the flip phone so she picked the Style & now She Loves my Torch So if anyone wants a good deal on a 1 month old Style just Msg me.
    01-21-11 08:20 AM
    Accidently switching off network?
    Why you don't see a difference in the browser is also interesting!

Anyways, different strokes for different folks!
    01-22-11 12:03 AM
    I still have my Bold 9000 and 9700 and now the Torch. I love the Torch! It has the best of all world's, Touchscreen, optical trackpad, 4 keys, and a physical qwerty keyboard. When I got the Torch, sure I was hitting a bunch of apps on the touchscreen by accident. That's why I did my homework and found apps like BerrySlider or PatternLock to lock the screen. There is no such thing as a "perfect" device. That's why there are apps to make life easier for you. That's why the iPhone has a gazillion apps, because it needs it.

I still use my 9700 and it is slow compared to the Torch. Not to mention I'm spoiled by the larger screen. And I love the Touchscreen. Anyway, just sell your Torch and move on. It's as easy as that!
    01-22-11 12:45 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD