I've had my Blackberry Torch 9800 for almost a year now and I haven't faced a problem like this one before, One day, Out of nowhere, My blackberry started acting up, the lock button wouldn't work, the touch screen and keypad wouldn't work, I wasn't able to access anything. Then the batteries drained out all of a sudden, so I went home and charged it and I thought that there was something wrong with the battery, but then when it turned on again, it had erased all my media! All my photos, videos and music, and every time I finish charging my phone a prompt would pop up and say that my media card isn't formatted! So I wanted to know if there's anyway to fix this?! The bigger problem is that the rest of my data was on my laptop and it's hard disk crashed.....So now I have nowhere to go to to retrieve my files Is there any solution to this? Any help would be much appreciated! I've asked everywhere on the web, but I decided to go to crackberry, the ultimate experts on anything blackberry....Thanks in advance.
    11-29-12 04:22 AM
    You can try using the repair feature, Options->Storage->menu->Repair. If that works, awesome, but if not, you'll need to try reading the card in a PC.
    11-29-12 07:00 AM
    Hey bigbadwulf, I tried to do that and it failed, I noticed when I was opening the menu that it said "Install media card" which makes it even stranger... And I don't have a memory card reader that I can plug into the computer....

Thanks again!
    11-29-12 07:23 AM
    A lot of people report the card not seen every other boot. I know it happens to me. Try sliding it partially out and back in, or reboot again.

You can find a USB stick to slide that micro SD in at most stores, for <$10. Even iif it doesn't help you now, it's very handy.
    11-29-12 08:04 AM
    Thaaaanks alot you guys ) Your tips really helped I got it fixed through a USB stick!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-03-13 04:03 PM