On my 3rd torch and similar issues with all 3. Looks like it's time to give up on the torch. Perhaps I will wait for the white iphone 4.
    10-23-10 02:49 PM
    Ouch..that sucks dude! Yea..seems like somethings wrong with the QC of these things..and hopefully (for us consumers) RIM gets these issues dealt with fast. Lots are rock solid but lots seem to be funky as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-10 06:30 PM
    I work for AT&T and I get some people coming in with that
    Same problem but I don't thing you should move to the iphone
    The torch is a great phone and I use one now and I love it.
    Also some people tend to push the slider to hard and makes it loose.
    Somebody bought one and was about to break the slider before he left the
    Store.and haveing the bottons on the edge of the slider does make
    It more likely for them to peel and come off
    10-23-10 06:42 PM
    How loose are these sliders are we talking about. I have a slight wobbly sliding screen when it's open but little things like that don't get to me. Two weeks and I'm still on my first unit and no future plan of exchanging it.
    10-24-10 02:07 AM
    But wait the Torch problems are NOT real.

According to that other thread.

LoL

10-24-10 02:36 AM
    Wow, I read that post regarding the problems that are not real before this post and all I can say is that I sure got one that was built on a Tuesday and not on a Monday or Friday cuz mine is rock solid. I have been lucky to not have any of the listed problems other owners have. I am so impressed with the Torch, it's weight, speed, battery life, and the new OS.
    Just a lucky Torch owner I guess...
    10-24-10 04:08 AM
    On my 3rd torch and similar issues with all 3. Looks like it's time to give up on the torch. Perhaps I will wait for the white iphone 4.

Don't give up on the Torch - it's a great phone. By the way, have you dropped it? If so, parts of it might have come loose. Just wondering. Personally, I haven't had any problems and really love it.

- CB
    10-24-10 04:12 AM
    It's too bad that the OP has had issues with his phones.
    My husband and I both got ours on the same day, at launch. They're both made in Mexico (as was my 9700) and we've had no issues at all with the hardware or software. I had to do two battery pulls, both as a result of freeze while using Facebook, but that was it.
    Hadn't even noticed the teeniest tiniest of wobbles until after several weeks of using it, and frankly, if I hadn't read about them here, I probably wouldn't have noticed.
    10-24-10 04:25 AM
    don't give up on the Torch! I have the same problems and am getting a replacement, but I wouldn't switch back to the iPhone 4 for anything. I love having a Blackberry again and the Torch is THE Blackberry to own
    10-24-10 11:03 AM
    I am on my 3rd. First had a bad button, second had a wiggly slider, a creaky trackpad and then the charging port started to come loose. The 3rd is perfect, dropped once in my case with the hardcase over it and it came out still perfect. There is build QC issues but when you get one that's solid you really, REALLY love it. If you can, bring it back or get a refurb. Sometimes I think the refurbs had better QC.
    10-24-10 04:37 PM
    I wouldn't give up on a Torch just yet. Call me stubborn if you will and I admit I kind of am. I'm on my third Torch now and it's absolutely perfect. Having a keyboard, touchpad, and touchscreen all in one is addicting and I couldn't dream of leaving it.
    10-24-10 05:10 PM
    Sorry for the problems you are having. I had QC problems with 5 9700s I had. I kept trying until the 5th one and I couldn't accept it anymore and went back to my 9000. I say keep trying until you get fed up, if that happens to be now then at least you gave the device a chance.
    10-24-10 05:14 PM
    unless they change the antenna design for the white one..
    it will be the same banana as the one we have now.
    although i really like the Torch, my recommendation is different..
    go get yourself another phone that is not the Torch...
    your luck might be better with that.. say an iphone 4
    10-24-10 05:15 PM
    Can you post a pic or vid? Curious to see the issues.
    10-24-10 05:58 PM
    It seems to me that people are returning an awful lot of phones. And I'm talking across manufacturers. Maybe they are rushing these products to market too fast.

10-24-10 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD