11-24-14 02:50 PM
- I have never had a problem like this before.. I was using my phone as per the usual and suddenly I see that all my contacts are lost! Not a single contact left on my phone.. (No its not the Business and Personal filter problem) None of my other data was lost.. BBM Contacts, Calender, Notes, Tasks, Pics, Video's and EVERYTHING is intact.. I didn't even connect the phone to my computer via usb nor any other such thing..
I was facing some trouble with my Whatsapp messenger for the last few days (my message history that was set to be saved on my media card suddenly stopped saving) so I simply thought my Whatapp was corrupt and thus deleted the software and reinstalled and suddenly I check and see that all my contacts have vanished..
What can I do? I deleted the Whatsapp again and still no sign of my contacts.. Please tell me there is a way to retrieve my lost contacts.. It was a pain in the *** to copy with the proper formatting (I had to do each contact individually from my old Nokia phone)
I have a backup of my contacts but it is quite a few months old and I have added many new numbers and email addresses etc since my last backup..
Where exactly are the contacts stored on the Device Memory (which exact folder)
Has this happened to anyone? Can anyone provide me with any help?02-27-11 01:55 PM
- I'm not sure where they are stored on the Device memory, but I think the best you can do is back-up the contacts you have then ask people for their numbers via in person, Facebook, twitter. Someone else probably has better help, but this might be your only option.02-27-11 02:01 PM
- Thanks guys.. I have nailed it down to a whatsapp problem.. I was just searching some more and seemed to land onto this: Re: Weird problems today (Lost Contacts, call log)... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums I am faced by almost the exact same problems..02-27-11 02:03 PM
- i'm happy things worked out for you.
anyway, try to sync your contacts with your PC/Mac addressbook.
you can also sync it with your email whether it's yahoo or gmail.
or the easiest would be to have a back up through your Desktop Manager
i have 600 plus in my contacts, that's why i keep a back up.02-27-11 02:35 PM
I am facing similar problem. However I would like to share a new experience I faced in this.
1) I removed WhatsApp
2) My all contacts lost
3) I reinstalled WhatsApp
4) I get incoming call and a number is displayed. However after i answer it and hang up I can see the name as per my contact book in call logs but when i try to find it in contacts i do not see the contact.
5) Now when i go to Call logs to save the number again I get duplicate entry but inside phone book i cannot see it.
Can anyone please help.
Thanks a ton in advance
dufferdev06-16-12 02:40 PM
- Having lost over 5 years of contacts when my 'faithful' phone with sim card was stolen, I wanted a way to allow anyone with my mobile number (which is now defunct) to make contact with me. I have a new number now, but no one know it.
So I built a website, Renew Contact - Find lost contacts where anyone can register a phone number and have it linked to an active email address.
It means that my old contacts can go there, search for my number and send me an email with their contact details. I can then decide whether I want to respond or not, after all, there will be some contacts whom I don't want to renew contact with. Anyone in the same situation as I was, may like to go there and register their phone number. Since I launched it, quite a few have made use of the free service.
Some are also registering really old phone numbers, that have long been dead, hoping I guess that friends from the past will find them and renew contact.
I hope this site is of use to many.02-19-13 12:34 AM
- this happend to me last night ... i had to copy my sim contacts but their are old numbers and all my new numbers is lost and the suck part is mine is connect to my email so delete one contact and its gone on your phone ...
didnt see the date posted ... did you get yours right ???07-22-13 01:21 AM
- Hi there! I have no idea whether the problem is actually sorted out in this thread. I'm gonna share anyway.
Same thing happened to me! Removed what's app and contacts got lost. I had my contacts wireless synchronized in contact-options. I just went there and unticked the box. I then went to "blackberry protect" and restored from the last backup. I then just went to tick the box again as a personal preference. Everything sorted! Good luck!09-11-13 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD