Nothings broke but only bb users would understand how sad I am. It was like n slow motion. My heart was n my throat before the phone hit the ground. Very very sad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-11 03:54 PM
    I I dropped mine on the floor about 5 seconds after I took it out of thr box, chipped the chrome in 3 places I feel your pain!

02-26-11 03:59 PM
    That's what cases are for...

02-26-11 04:00 PM

I have a case. That's y the phones okay. Its still sad tho.

02-26-11 04:07 PM
    You should have been there the day I dropped mine in the fryer at work. I feel your pain, but on the bright side at least yours still works and is no worse for the wear.
    stengel680 likes this.
    02-26-11 05:12 PM
    You should have been there the day I dropped mine in the fryer at work. I feel your pain, but on the bright side at least yours still works and is no worse for the wear.
    I'm almost speechless!

I dont feel so bad about dropping mine on the hardwood floor now!
    02-26-11 06:55 PM
    I'm almost speechless!

I dont feel so bad about dropping mine on the hardwood floor now!
    The best part, after taking it completely apart(wouldn't recommend this to anyone not a little tech savvy) and letting it dry out as well as cleaning it with methyl and isopropyl alcohol. It still works, the touchscreen is a little flaky, the screen is a bit darker then normal(100% brightness looks like 10%) and the keyboard is slightly melted, but it still works. Goes to show you how tough the little device is. Just for some information this wasn't just a dip in the fryer but an extended vacation, nearly a minute before I could fish it out of the bottom.
    02-26-11 06:59 PM
    Nothings broke but only bb users would understand how sad I am. It was like n slow motion. My heart was n my throat before the phone hit the ground. Very very sad.

I know how ya feel!
    02-26-11 09:15 PM
    dropped my bold (for about the 5th time) 4 days ago... been playing with my new torch since...

still, the first dent/drop/scratch is painful...
    02-26-11 09:23 PM
    The best part, after taking it completely apart(wouldn't recommend this to anyone not a little tech savvy) and letting it dry out as well as cleaning it with methyl and isopropyl alcohol. It still works, the touchscreen is a little flaky, the screen is a bit darker then normal(100% brightness looks like 10%) and the keyboard is slightly melted, but it still works. Goes to show you how tough the little device is. Just for some information this wasn't just a dip in the fryer but an extended vacation, nearly a minute before I could fish it out of the bottom.
    Seems like you would have been better filing an insurance claim and getting a new one rather than going to all that trouble.
    02-26-11 09:26 PM
    I know the felling. That why I use a Agf Grt case

02-26-11 11:15 PM
    Seems like you would have been better filing an insurance claim and getting a new one rather than going to all that trouble.
    Already claimed the insurance the week before when my very first one fell into pizza sauce. Wasn't claiming it again. So not worth the 125$ deductible, I'll wait till June when I can upgrade again for free.
    02-27-11 06:03 AM
    I've only dropped my 9800 twice from small distances and my heart stopped both times. Luckily everything is fine with only small scratches on the bezel. I'm super careful when handling my phone.

02-27-11 06:21 AM
    Not everyone chooses to use a case. I use a cradle on the nightstand and a Pro Clip in my truck. I will take a couple of scratches to have the convenience of these.
    02-27-11 06:42 AM
    For those that nicked the bezel, someone posted a while ago a nail polish brand and color that is supposedly the same color as the bezel.

02-27-11 11:19 AM
    I had the slow motion drop happened to me about a month ago. First drop since I got the phone in August.

I was carrying it to the kitchen table with some other books. The phone slid off and fell to the floor. With my height, I guess it was about a 3 - 3 1/2 ft drop from where I was carrying it. The top of the Torch hit the linoleum then fell screen down. It has 3 scratches on the screen. 2 barely noticeable at all, 1 noticeable when the phone is off but hard to see when the phone is on. Wish there was a way I could buff them out as they seem very surface and not deep scratches!
    Poor Torchie.
    02-27-11 11:50 AM
    i dropped mine in a solar class lab i was taking. it hit the wall first bounced off and hit the floor. in the process the front part of the cover it was wearing popped off and landed under neath it when the phone came to rest face down. the phone is fine but the cover took all the abuse breaking the little clips off the front bezel cover and getting a good ding on the bottom part of the case. i always like cases for that reason im always looking for rubberized or coated plastic cases. cases are easier and cheaper to replace then phones most of the time.

btw at first when i saw so i dropped my phone i expected the rest to be in the toilet.
    02-27-11 12:04 PM
    Lol that actually happened to my old nokia. I had my bf at that time fish it out. He dried it off and stuck it n the freezer cuz someone said that's what u do. I got a new one. But he used that one afterwards. It worked fine after a few days n the freezer.

02-27-11 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD