Hi All,

I have to same that I love my Torch but sometimes it just drives me nuts!

I hope the new OS update will fix some of the following issues.

For example, when using WiFi (on the train) and the connection is not very fast, the whole cellphone becomes Ultra slow.

Almost everyday when I wake up my cell is frozen with a message: App Error 552. (I have almost none apps installed besides the ones that come with).

Camera shutter noise. (its is NOT legal issues, otherwise it would not apply for the BB only).

Faster response, time to time i feel like i am using a old computer w/ full CPU.

THis is just my two cents.

Regards!

AP
    01-23-11 05:22 AM
    only one of those will more then likely be fixed with an OS upgrade, the others is your perception or a buggy load of your OS.

App error can be resolved with either a security wipe(don't think this will solve that but worth a try), or a better fix would be a complete reload of the OS.

Camera shutter I doubt will ever be "fixed", problem no, annoyance yes.

I think 99% of your problems would be solved with just a fresh reload of the OS, WIFI(even when low signal) does not affect the overall speed of my phone at all. Faster response times you wont see until they release a new device with a faster processor.
    01-23-11 06:52 AM
    There is most likely something corrupt in your os. Which version are you using? I would reload / upgrade to 6.0.0.337 and see if that doesn't clear up that issue. Also, I would suspect an app as the possible original culprit here... try uninstalling them and reloading them one at a time, so you don't go through this again. The camera shutter noise is a pain, but it is required in some countries to combat the sleaze factor. I'll bet that someone will soon app it away. Good luck!
    01-23-11 06:53 AM
    Tks both for the feedback.

I am running the 337, instead of going through all the trouble of cleanup or reload of OS i will just wait for the new .4...

I guess after using the Torch for 3 months i just realized i should have bought another phone with faster processor.
    Too bad sometimes we just learn by making mistakes.

Thanks a lot,

AP
    01-23-11 07:14 AM
    These issues obviously don't bother you that much if you won't take the time to wipe and reload the OS. Myself and many people I know with torches have no issues with error messages or lag using .337 and that would probably fix them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 08:48 AM
    New torch user here. How can u find out what OS is on the phone?

01-23-11 12:03 PM
    Options/Device/About Device Versions will show you.
    01-23-11 12:06 PM
    New torch user here. How can u find out what OS is on the phone?

Options/device/about device versions. 3rd line down

01-23-11 12:07 PM
    Tks both for the feedback.

I am running the 337, instead of going through all the trouble of cleanup or reload of OS i will just wait for the new .4...

I guess after using the Torch for 3 months i just realized i should have bought another phone with faster processor.
    Too bad sometimes we just learn by making mistakes.

Thanks a lot,

AP
    There isn't any BB with a faster processor

The 9800, 9780, 9700, 9670, etc. all share the same 624 Mhz. processorys
    01-23-11 12:47 PM
    The 9100/9105 Pearl 3G has the same cpu too.

If the romurs are true, faster processors won't show up until the second half of the year.

01-23-11 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD