Here's an odd question. Why do people care if their phones can stream hd video? You do know that your eyes cannot phyicall see hd video on these size screens, right? Even with TVs it is physically impossible to see 1080p on a 32 inch screen or smaller. This is simply media hype to make you buy something. A video set to the proper resolution would look the same to you on the phone as a bd video would. Call me crazy, but I just don't get it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This thread was a follow up to an earlier one describing the issues I found with the Torch (that thread got derailed and locked, so I had to start a new one, but I did link to it).

Anyhow, the reason I mentioned the video playback was that it showed the performance problems with the Torch. It couldn't smoothly play normal-rez Youtube without chugging, skipping, artifacts etc. Many other phones can play it smoothly, including Youtube's "HD" content (which I don't think is real "HD").
    08-14-10 08:12 AM
    No new news here, moving on....with that said, I would take a Torch over an iPhone any day of the week, just so I don't became another hair on the sack of Steve Jobs....dood has you all fooled...smart man though, cult like, lol!

08-14-10 08:19 AM
    No new news here, moving on....with that said, I would take a Torch over an iPhone any day of the week, just so I don't became another hair on the sack of Steve Jobs....dood has you all fooled...smart man though, cult like, lol!

Ditto. And lol, it's pretty phenomenal. The iPhone is selling purely off of popularity/name now. People just seem to buy it because everyone else has it, and for no other better reason.
    08-14-10 05:21 PM
    Iphone fans are all about status "hey look at me and my Iphone, I waited in-line for this, used my 24 hrs of my precious life to get this phone". While Fandroids are about gigerherts in speed, 720 HD, OLed screen, 5 inch screen and all the kiddy games and apps. Once the novelty rubs off all they left with is a phone that can't even make it through half or 3/4 of the day. sad that Smart phones are becoming status thing. Bugatti versus Honda. The more bells and whistles these fans get spoiled with the more ignorant, shallow and narrow mind they become.

My advice, put the phone on the charger then take your daughter/son/dog/cat or a friend for a walk, have an ice cream on the way and enjoy life. I do hope you have a life outside the digital world.
    08-14-10 05:41 PM
    Iphone fans are all about status "hey look at me and my Iphone, I waited in-line for this, used my 24 hrs of my precious life to get this phone". While Fandroids are about gigerherts in speed, 720 HD, OLed screen, 5 inch screen and all the kiddy games and apps.
    And blackberry users aren't about status? I can't count how many times I've read a bb user gloating about bb's being for serious professionals. Check my signature for an example!
    08-14-10 05:56 PM
    And blackberry users aren't about status? I can't count how many times I've read a bb user gloating about bb's being for serious professionals. Check my signature for an example!
    The only "status" I'm concerned about having is, "available" when people need to quickly communicate with me.

Plus, I don't feel like BlackBerry is the "cool" phone to have any longer. It's just the "effective" tool to have.
    08-14-10 06:00 PM
    The Droid 2 is indeed a great phone. Nobody would deny it. LED notification for messages, great browsing plus Flash 10.1, hard keyboard, mobile hotspot, and great gps which works with google maps navigation and other free navigation software.

However, the Droid 2 is a CDMA phone, so there is no way to use it in Europe....yet. When the Droid 2 will be released for GSM networks I might play with it a little. It looks king of clunky, but it gets the job done very well as far as I can see in youtube videos.

I enjoy my Blackberry for the following things...in this priority:

1. real Email push
    2. notifications
    3. messaging, on one of the most comfortable hard keyboard ever: email/sms/mms/BBM
    4. turn by turn navigation (which I pay for monthly)
    5. productivity apps like Docs2Go
    6. occasionally I want to check something online, but after few minutes I just give up, because the browser is too slow and too laggy. Although I get what I wanted to check, I dont enjoy the web experience
    7. last but not least the form factor of all BBs with hard keyboard

No other device meets my criteria like a BB. I am not sure about the Droid 2. Droid devices dont have real email push as far as I know. They check your email mailbox every X minutes and then fetch new messages to your device. BB has real push on the other hand - BIS checks your email mailbox permanently. If you get a new message to your mailbox BIS searches for your specific device (per IMEI maybe) und pushes the new message immediately to your device. I hope the Droid 2 can do something like that, but I doubt it.
    PS: no I will not setup Google Mail, or Yahoo Mail, both not as reliable as real push

- If the Droid 2 handles emails to my satisfaction - then ok, check
    - notifications, well it got an LED, would love to see what it does - so...check?
    - hard keyboard, not as comfortable as on BB - but check
    - turn by turn navigation - check...for free
    - productivity apps, pretty sure it got them - check
    - web experience, currently the only device with propper flash? - ok check
    - form factor, clunky but ok I could live with it

Bottom line, the Droid 2 might meet my priorities. However, although it excels a BB in some parts, it comes a little shorter in the things I really need. I will really have to play with it and use it for some hours on a GSM network to decide whether I'd like it.
    08-14-10 07:13 PM
    Who gives a flying F*** about the damn Droid. Go on their website and talk about how great the phone is, not here, why do these people insist on coming on here and start talking about other devices that are not BB.
    Thank you!
    08-14-10 07:15 PM
    My torch works fantastic for me, and does everything that you said the droid 2 does except the youtube videos aren't HD. human eyes aren't good enough to pick out whether a screen that small is HD or not, though, so I don't care. in addition, my torch has a trackpad, a better keyboard, and can last all day on one battery charge.

At least the droid phones are better than iPhones. I have no problems with droids. They just aren't for me. iPhones on the other hand are horrible. check out this video to see a typicall iPhone fan.

iPhone 4 vs HTC Evo Funny Video Clip - KillSomeTime.com
    08-14-10 08:12 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD