After the weeks and weeks of waiting, the performance of the Torch was a big letdown:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/i-...ressed-512349/

There was another slider released yesterday and it is what the Torch ought to have been. Svelte and fast, the Droid 2 has made a great impression so far.
    Push email? Check.
    Zippy web browsing? Check.
    Snappy UI? Check.
    Message LED? Check.
    Stream HD Youtube video without breaking a sweat? Check.
    8GB available right out of the box? Check.
    Keyboard? Check.
    Office documents, GPS, sync with Gmail, universal inbox, thousands of apps to customize it for my needs? Check, check, check, check, check.

Of course it opens on the long edge, which I don't really like, I miss the trackpad/trackball, and the keyboard is not as good as BB's but on the whole, it hasn't been much of a contest so far. 30 days to really decide.
    08-13-10 12:55 PM
    Prepare to get ****ted by BB fanatics

I'd take cover if I were you.
    08-13-10 12:57 PM
    Verizon made such a ballsy move. They literally killed RIM by releasing the Droid 2 on the same day. The Torch got shadowed real bad here.

Was in the car and all I heard were Droid 2 commercials. And no BB fanatic can deny the Droid 2 is probably the more complete device.

-No lag on Droid 2 vs major lag on Torch
    -Bigger screen.

The Torch is literally a joke because at $199, an AT&T customer can get an iPhone 4. $199 gets you better Android devices on other carriers.
    08-13-10 01:00 PM
    Who gives a flying F*** about the damn Droid. Go on their website and talk about how great the phone is, not here, why do these people insist on coming on here and start talking about other devices that are not BB.
    08-13-10 01:01 PM
    Bro, your story is cool.
    08-13-10 01:01 PM
    Who gives a flying F*** about the damn Droid. Go on their website and talk about how great the phone is, not here, why do these people insist on coming on here and start talking about other devices that are not BB.
    Don't get mad. The OP is right. The Droid 2 was exactly what RIM needed the Torch to be.
    08-13-10 01:03 PM
    Apparently attention is the key factor. Don't feed the trolls.
    08-13-10 01:05 PM
    Apparently attention is the key factor. Don't feed the trolls.
    Ok, Gotcha.
    08-13-10 01:06 PM
    Don't get mad. The OP is right. The Droid 2 was exactly what RIM needed the Torch to be.
    With any luck the Torch 2 will be what the original Droid was last year.
    08-13-10 01:12 PM
    With any luck the Torch 2 will be what the original Droid was last year.
    Exactly what I was thinking. RIM has gotten lazy and think just because they have already established themselves before that they don't have to do anything now.

Totally the wrong attitude - Every company needs to continue to prove themselves with technology always evolving.
    08-13-10 01:16 PM
    Prepare to get ****ted by BB fanatics

I'd take cover if I were you.
    HAHAHAHA!!! so true.
    08-13-10 01:22 PM
    08-13-10 01:23 PM
    Exactly what I was thinking. RIM has gotten lazy and think just because they have already established themselves before that they don't have to do anything now.

Totally the wrong attitude - Every company needs to continue to prove themselves with technology always evolving.
    Yup. If I were RIM I would be looking over both shoulders for Darwin..
    08-13-10 01:25 PM
    Ha thats funny, i too got the Droid 2 on launch and got the Torch today. My case the Droid 2 is going back tomorrow. I have a Droid X that ****s all over the Droid 2. The Torch is a happy medium for me. :-)
    08-14-10 12:25 AM
    i hope the OP Gato_Seco is an Equal opportunity Hijacker.
    he gets a pass if i see the same thread at Macrumors.com, and Droid forum, Nokia forum, sidekick forum..

nothing wrong with the content, it's just posted in the wrong forum..
    08-14-10 12:40 AM
    What's a droid?
    08-14-10 01:22 AM
    roflmfao.....
    08-14-10 01:49 AM
    I'm pretty happi with my torch. Not going to lie.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 02:31 AM
    I'm pretty happi with my torch. Not going to lie.

as am I... had a couple of issues but worked them out
    08-14-10 05:35 AM
    Gato_Seco.. couldn't bother posting on your original crackberry acct?

if that's not the case then.. you posted this in the wrong forum.... maybe, even on the wrong site as androidcentral.com is that a way!

you might have 30 days to decide but I'm certainly not going to try and bother to try and sway you into getting a torch or any other phone for that matter.
    08-14-10 06:44 AM
    After using a Bold 9700 I tried a Driod phone (Samsung Captivate). It looked cooler when I played with it in the store, but 3 day later I returned it. I HATED it. Asking around the things I hated were part of the Andriod OS not the Samsung interface.

I grabbed the Torch on Thursday and I like it a lot.
    08-14-10 07:42 AM
    The Torch is literally a joke because at $199, an AT&T customer can get an iPhone 4. $199 gets you better Android devices on other carriers.
    I bought the Torch because I wanted a Blackberry. I don't care if they are giving iPhone's away, I don't want one. I think a lot of people expected that RIM was going to produce an iPhone clone, I'm glad they didn't.
    08-14-10 07:46 AM
    BB is what it is and does what it does. If it doesn't do it for you then move on. Simple as that. If your big need is to be able to watch "you tube" then do a droid. If your big need is uncompromised messaging abilities then get a BB, The choice is up to you and your needs. 1+1=2, Again simple. There will always be those who think they need to brag about what their phone will do. KInda reminds me of gym class from way back in the 60's. Sword fights.
    08-14-10 07:58 AM
    Gato_Seco.. couldn't bother posting on your original crackberry acct?

if that's not the case then.. you posted this in the wrong forum.... maybe, even on the wrong site as androidcentral.com is that a way!

you might have 30 days to decide but I'm certainly not going to try and bother to try and sway you into getting a torch or any other phone for that matter.
    I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say. As far as I know, I have only one Crackberry account and I've been a loyal BB'er for better than two years (yes, I don't post a lot, but I lurk on the forums quite a bit). I'm no droid-head. Never owned a droid phone and had steadfastly resisted buying one, figuring that Rim would come through. Didn't really happen.

It is perfectly reasonable to express disappointment in one product and describe what I've found while searching for a better alternative. I'll be taking a look at the Epic 4g in a couple of weeks too.
    Last edited by Gato_Seco; 08-14-10 at 08:13 AM.
    08-14-10 08:00 AM
    Here's an odd question. Why do people care if their phones can stream hd video? You do know that your eyes cannot phyicall see hd video on these size screens, right? Even with TVs it is physically impossible to see 1080p on a 32 inch screen or smaller. This is simply media hype to make you buy something. A video set to the proper resolution would look the same to you on the phone as a bd video would. Call me crazy, but I just don't get it.

08-14-10 08:00 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD