So I have had my phone for about a week. I used the password on lock function once or twice but got rid of it because I didn't like it. But this morning, I woke up to find out my phone had been locked with a password! I have set no password!!! I tried the password I set and turned off previously but that doesn't work, and now I only have three attempts left! What can I do?!!! I do not want the phone to wipe!
    05-08-11 03:04 AM
    Do you have a recent backup? Best way out is to wipe and restore.
    There is no backdoor, if you forget the password
    05-08-11 03:32 AM
    Do you have a recent backup? Best way out is to wipe and restore.
    There is no backdoor, if you forget the password
    No I didn't backup! It's just so annoying because I didn't set a password!!!
    05-08-11 03:35 AM
    excuse me for being frank but i see you have only 2 posts both in this topic. im finding it slightly fishy about your situation and im leaning towards the phones not yours to begin with
    05-08-11 03:37 AM
    excuse me for being frank but i see you have only 2 posts both in this topic. im finding it slightly fishy about your situation and im leaning towards the phones not yours to begin with
    Haha! I appreciate your concern but it definitely is mine! Only started the contract with Orange last week! I only signed up on here to get an answer to my problem.
    05-08-11 03:41 AM
    Can anyone help? I don't want to lose my data
    05-08-11 03:45 AM
    As sam_b77 said earlier there is no backdoor mate, otherwise security would be pointless.
    05-08-11 03:52 AM
    Another way is to hope, that you are still dreaming and when u wake up tomorrow it's gone

But seriously, there are so many ways to backup your device. Won't help u now, but for the future, use DM or BB Protect to save the most important things (or all) at least once a week.

Besides that, check your SD card. I barely use the built in memory and store most of my files on the cards, many applications automatically save files there.
    05-08-11 04:01 AM
    I don't mean to be rude, but this reeks of bull**** to me. What you're talking about is physically impossible - RIM's security hashes can't self-generate (read: the phone can't make itself a password). So, unless somebody else was messing around with the phone, or (as others have said) it's not yours, your situation is not possible.

In any case, even if it was, there is no backdoor to the system's lock.
    Jermoe likes this.
    05-08-11 04:29 AM
    Haha! I appreciate your concern but it definitely is mine! Only started the contract with Orange last week! I only signed up on here to get an answer to my problem.

"I only signed up on here to get an answer to my problem" - your problem is virtually impossible if the phone was truly yours. I am by no means technilogically savy but I've been blackberry for 4 years now and even I know that you have to enable the password feature. The phone doesn't have a mind to do it itself, if it did it wouldn't need you mate. I'm sorry I call em as I see em. I stand by the fact the phone isn't yours. Either its someones you know and your snoopy or you got it in a wrong manor
    05-08-11 06:37 AM
    If the phone is yours, then someone is messing with you. Does anyone live with you, or has anyone visited? Check with them.
    05-08-11 08:45 AM
    I do not want the phone to wipe!
    What could you have possibly put on it in a week that you can't simply put back on after the wipe?
    05-08-11 09:00 AM
    What could you have possibly put on it in a week that you can't simply put back on after the wipe?
    exactly something else that makes this fishy
    05-08-11 12:44 PM
    You guys answered his question in the first posted reply.
    I don't think it's very CrackBerry like to imply someone is a thief.
    I know if I stole a phone I wouldn't care if I wiped so I could use it. that would be the first thing I did.
    05-08-11 02:21 PM
    Yea pmccartney's got a point.
    Not sure what we get by accusing him of bein a thief.. As dodge as it all sounds. It's not like we can even prove it =S..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 06:52 PM
    I think he's Al Qaeda! Wait... what?
    05-08-11 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD