Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

I got my torch back in December and I've been pretty happy with it. I have at any issues with it until yesterday. About 5 months ago I dropped it in a tub of water and was worried I had killed my blackberry. But one bag of rice and 3 days later, she lived. All was fine and dandy until about a week ago when my phone had about half battery and then shut up. I freaked out and thought this was the true death. But after leaving it plugged in for about 4 hours, she lived. I was then super excited and vowed to take better care of it. But now she has died.

Yesterday I was at a pizza place, playing on my torch and the screen went dead. All the buttons light up and everything, but there is no screen life.

I've done software updates and restores to completely rule out software issues. My only question is, what the **** is going on?

And, since I still fall under warranty, is AT&T going to honor said warranty if my water indicator stickers are red from the water incident 5 months ago.

thanks in advance!
    10-14-11 12:53 PM
    And if AT&T won't do anything, do you think buying an LCD screen replacement will do the trick? They're appx. 50 bucks and I'm sure I could figure out the installation.
    10-14-11 12:54 PM
    The screen replacement is not easy. I suggest you contact Out_of_Ideas who posts here. She has done multiple tear downs and let me tell you, it is not easy.
    10-14-11 03:32 PM
    AT&T is very strict about those stickers. I work for a company with an AT&T contract and a huge number of devices, and they won't even cut us a break on that.
    10-15-11 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD