I've had Torch since first weekend it was available. I've enjoyed phone.

Recently just downloaded upgraded OS. Since then, whenever I am on calls, my face puts calls on hold, activates speakerphone, dials other numbers, etc. I'm not sure what changed in setup but I can't figure out how to avoid this. I have screen blackout at minimum setting of 5 secs but that doesn't seem to make difference.

Any hints? I dont want to face dial someone whom I dont want to talk to! (AGAIN).....

Thank you!
    05-09-11 08:42 PM
    If you are using a screen protector, this may be giving the proximity sensor false readings. It is on the right of the LED.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-11 03:15 PM
    My phone is running 6.0.0.526 and I feel that the proximity sensor is more sensitive than the stock os

05-10-11 03:19 PM
    Ahh ha. I do have a screen protector. Some peel and stick thing I bought from AT&T store. I installed well before the OS upgrade but perhaps the new OS is more sensitive.

So are there any settings I can adjust on phone? I hope so and welcome your ides.

Thanks!
    05-10-11 03:59 PM
    As far as I know, there is no settings to adjust.
    There might be settings to adjust in the engineering screen but I don't mess with that stuff.

05-10-11 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD