I got my son a white Torch today and when setting up his email it doesn't give a folder for the email only like it did on mine. What are the settings to make that show? It does have the messages folder where all info (BBM, Text, email ect) show but not the additional one that I also have that shows the email name and is for the email only.
    03-30-11 05:15 PM
    Have him login into the email setup application, then press the BB button and resend the service books. Should clear it up, or perhaps its hidden?
    03-30-11 05:24 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I tried but it's still not showing. How do I find if hidden... what would I put in the search?
    03-30-11 05:30 PM
    Just go to the app screen(main screen with dock slid up if on the stock theme) and click the BB button, if anything is hidden you will see the option to "Show All". If nothing is hidden then the option will be "Hide".

Out of curiosity is he getting his emails in the messages icon, or not at all?
    tumblingdice03 likes this.
    03-30-11 05:51 PM
    In universal search you can search for the mail name(IE for gmail, just type in gmail). It will show you the icon if its present but will not show you where its located.
    03-30-11 05:53 PM
    He was getting the mail just not with it's own folder. The show all did the trick! Thanks alot. I know it seems like overkill since we can still view in messages folder I just wanted it to work as I knew mine did! Still learning stuff all the time on this thing. Great phone and the white looks sharp.....I almost want to keep it for myself!
    03-30-11 05:55 PM
    Now that you have found it, make sure you press the BB button and unhide it. Also if you go to the message icon and press the BB button, then go to options you can click off whats to be sent to that icon(email, text messages, VVM, and so on).

On my older BB's I liked having individual email icons(could tell at a glance where the email came from) and always hid the messages icon, so i can see why someone would want it this way.
    03-30-11 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD