so I had a 9700 and it had encryption ON. then I sold the phone not knowing that I need to turn the encryption OFF to recover all those .rem files.

Now with my 9800, I put on the 9700 card, turn on the encryption, and then turn off and still it won't remove the .rem files. However as weird as it is, I can view all files in my 9800 but when move the card to PC, it's still .rem

any ideas so I can recover all my pictures?

Thanks.
    11-18-10 12:47 AM
    You should be able to see them from a PC. Now when you insert the card in a new phone it should see the encryption and ask you for the password used to encrypt the sd card. After that they should be viewable from the device. Otherwise copy everything on the SD card off to a PC and format the SD card via the device.
    11-18-10 01:10 AM
    thanks for the help, shansmi. the thing is when the old card is inserted to the new phone, it doesn't ask me for a password. but i can see them all, view them all, no problem.

i m confused.
    11-18-10 03:04 AM
    then encryption is removed. i know mine asks for the old password.

glad things are working and your welcome!
    11-18-10 04:18 AM
    hey guys i have a problem with some .rem files as well..........i recently lost my memory card,but what ever was in the card mostly pics i had transfered to my pc from bb via mass storage mode,i got a new memory card and transfered back all pic to new card but now i cant view any of the .rem files and im using the same device that created those file.........any ideas what to do?
    04-03-11 11:15 AM
    I took pictures with my phone and i transfered them to my pc, but now they can`t show. what can i do?
    02-06-13 05:21 AM
    Please start a new thread rather than resurrect a 2-year old thread on a different issue.
    02-07-13 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD