Can some one please tell me how to record a phone conversation on the torch... Could do it easily on my androids.... Can't seem to figure out a way to do it on the bb....

Thank u in advance for ur time and effort on this.

Bunny Singh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-10 02:26 PM
    Isn't that illegal?
    10-24-10 02:27 PM
    Only if you don't tell the person.
    10-24-10 02:30 PM
    I don't think the Blackberry is capable without the use of third party software.
    It's only illegal without the consent of one or, in some states, both parties.
    10-24-10 02:36 PM
    Cool. I have definitely seen that in a 3rd party app before
    10-24-10 02:49 PM
    you need to inform the other party that you are recording the conversation...
    unless you are Mel Gibson's girlfriend.
    10-24-10 03:55 PM
    If you're recording a call in which you're involved, it is not illegal nor do you have to tell the other person. Only in 12 states is it required that all participants must be notified.
    10-24-10 04:00 PM
    Anyone have an idea of the third party app's name??
    I'm interested in that!

In the UK it's only illegal if used for gain. Unless you tell the other party it can't be used as evidence.

10-24-10 04:02 PM
    ^ i think it also depends on the purpose of the recording..
    is it admissable in court if you don't inform the other party that you're recording the conversation?
    i can understand if the purpose of the recording was for research... maybe you can get away with it..
    any lawyer out there who can enlighten us?
    10-24-10 04:03 PM
    I don't think the software is available yet for the Blackberry. Blackberry Call Recorder is anticipated to be released in December 2010. Federal law permits you to tape a call that has at least one consenting party, which would be you. Thirty Eight states have a one party consent law also, as long as you are a party, you may record the call. The remaining need to have every parties consent to record the call. No states allow you to record a call that you are not a party too.
    10-24-10 04:56 PM
    New York is a one party state. So as long as the one recording is a party to the conversation, it is legal.
    10-24-10 05:11 PM
    North Korea's a one-party state too.

Just saying...

10-24-10 05:21 PM
    you need to inform the other party that you are recording the conversation...
    unless you are Mel Gibson's girlfriend.
    That's a good one. Thanks so much.
    10-24-10 05:32 PM
    I don't think the software is available yet for the Blackberry. Blackberry Call Recorder is anticipated to be released in December 2010. Federal law permits you to tape a call that has at least one consenting party, which would be you. Thirty Eight states have a one party consent law also, as long as you are a party, you may record the call. The remaining need to have every parties consent to record the call. No states allow you to record a call that you are not a party too.
    Thanks for breakin it down for us
    10-24-10 09:14 PM
    Is there another app that records directly to the phone? Some companies have the policy to record automatically, & then they make the consumer agree verbally to things, then they have a recorded copy of me agreeing & I have a memory... Am in NY, so since they inform me they are taping me, it's legal for me to tape the agreement, too. But I don't have any desire for the kind of information some of these agreements entail to be on anyones' site, no matter that they are encrypted or not. So am wondering about an app that tapes directly to the phone as an .mp3, then allows me to copy the data to my computer (similar to transferring .mp3 files)
    10-25-10 05:00 PM
    Try this device and a handheld recorder. It will record both sides of the conversation.
    10-29-10 05:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD