hey all,

i'm trying to move a calendar appointment from my Blackberry Torch to my new phone (Galaxy S6 edge), and hoping i can do this easily by opening this file from my computer while the Blackberry is connected via USB.

is this possible? are the calendar appointments saved in individual files? if so, what's the file format? can they be opened with notepad to copy the contents?

the appointment has a lot of notes, that's what i want to transfer.. i tried a couple of tools for backup/extracting from Blackberry (Blackberry Backup Extractor, MagicBrery) but either no success or limited/trial function.

thanks!
    10-13-15 10:51 AM
    Curious. Since you are now using an android, which requires a gmail account, were you using a gmail account on the BB already. If so then the calender should be updated already? Or were you using the Local Cal only?
    10-13-15 11:31 AM
    Curious. Since you are now using an android, which requires a gmail account, were you using a gmail account on the BB already. If so then the calender should be updated already? Or were you using the Local Cal only?
    i was not using gmail on my Blackberry, local only.. how are calendar appointments stored on the filesystem? can they be opened in notepad?
    10-13-15 12:06 PM