I use my torch in my car the entire day. It's in a charging cradle and as such, i'd like for the screen to stay on while it's plugged in. The whole dimming and going black screen thing is driving me nuts. Especially since if you're playing music off your phone, everytime the screen turns off - the volume is affected.

Does anyone know of any app that will keep my screen active without the alarm clock - while plugged in?
    11-16-10 09:15 PM
    I use my torch in my car the entire day. It's in a charging cradle and as such, i'd like for the screen to stay on while it's plugged in. The whole dimming and going black screen thing is driving me nuts. Especially since if you're playing music off your phone, everytime the screen turns off - the volume is affected.

Does anyone know of any app that will keep my screen active without the alarm clock - while plugged in?
    there is an app i think called StayOn. try google it or you can use our animClock app which will stay on when charging.

here is the link http://www.mobihand.com/product.asp?id=117281
    11-16-10 11:00 PM

Just wondering if you have the clock option to "do nothing" when you plug it in, that would keep the clock from displaying when plugged in; and for keeping the screen active I use (and not trying to plug QuickLaunch) the Stay-Lit function built into QuickLaunch. I just open QuickLaunch, press Stay Lit, and it'll keep the screen on until I launch QL again.
    11-17-10 01:24 AM

I recommend Leave it On. It's an app with a ton of options, one of which is to keep the backlight lit when the phone is plugged in.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    slalom likes this.
    11-17-10 01:41 AM
    Bedside mode (turn on in the clock options) leaves the screen on but dimmed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-10 10:30 AM
    I too use LeaveItOn. It works well and can be found here Leave It On - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store. It costs $3.99 and you will get great support 'cuz ShaoSoft is also Shao128, a Moderator right here on Crackberry.
    slalom likes this.
    11-17-10 10:42 AM
    when I plug mine in I just hit the home button to take it back to the regular screen. not sure why you need an app to do that?
    11-17-10 11:02 AM
    BBLight... It's free. Works perfectly on the Torch.

Here's an OTA: http://www.tateu.net/software/bb.php?f=bblight
    11-17-10 04:02 PM
    thanks for all the help guys!!!
    11-17-10 08:41 PM
    Before the latest OS "upgrade" my clock would stay on while charging, but no longer. I have verified, and the option is still set to "Dsiplay Clock" but it ignores that. A quickk google search revealed that I am not alone with the problem, but I have yet to see any fixes or workarounds (without a 3rd party app doing what the OS is suppose to). Anyone else have/had this problem?
    11-19-10 10:42 PM
    I use LeaveItOn and it does indeed keep the torch on "while charging" but once it is fully charged, it goes back to normal behavior which puts it to sleep after a while. Anyone found a way to keep it on at all times when plugged-in?
    01-21-11 01:25 PM
    Weird I'm sure I had that problem too, but after I open clock and when into option, tried changing stuff (unchecked the Automatic Dismiss clock), saved it, changing back to what it was (reenabling the Autmatic dismiss clock).

my phone is plugged for 4 minute now and I still see the clock without having my screen dimming or going black. Maybe it's a bug in the option itself ? and it get repair when you play with it ?

edit : I'm up to 7 minute now, redoing the experience (unplug/replug) now to see if it does work.

edit2: Unplugged my phone, waited for 30 second and my screen dimmed, replugged it right now.

edit3: 2 minute and still no dim, so I think the problem is gone, I wish I had another torch to try this out to see if I found a dirty fix ;p but mine doesn't dim anymore when I'm charging it, stay on the clock, no apps for it nothing
    Last edited by AcADIeN; 01-21-11 at 01:53 PM.
    01-21-11 01:44 PM
    But does it behaves the same once it is fully charged? Mine is behaving as if unplugged when fully charged and plugged in.
    01-21-11 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD