Hey people ! I was just wondering how long does your 100% battery charge lasts with u !

And could you please add what do u use ur cell for too?

Thanks !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-10 08:59 AM
    Just got my phone yesterday running .246, and with 100% charge after 3 hours of nonstop tinkering (customizing it to how i like it) i was down to 30-40%

Not sure if that's typical or not, but doesnt seem right to me.
    10-01-10 09:10 AM
    I keep mine on 2G which saves battery big time. I can make several calls, use BBM, SMS, email, browse the internet on WiFi and after a full day of 17-18 hours I've never been below 50%. Even yesterday after rebooting several times (trying different themes) at the end of that time period I was down to 54%.
    10-01-10 09:14 AM
    About a day with endless tinkering and setting up. A lot of browsing.

I find mine gets down to 30-40% pretty quickly but goes to 10% and less pretty slowly. At least my perception.

10-01-10 09:14 AM
    About a day with endless tinkering and setting up. A lot of browsing.

I find mine gets down to 30-40% pretty quickly but goes to 10% and less pretty slowly. At least my perception.

Ya..i was wondering if it might slow down after a certain period, i've just never tried that yet.
    10-01-10 09:17 AM
    it lasts 1 day max...I'm using it for couple of phone calls (1h)...30-40 sms....20-30 emails (receiving and sending together)...Facebook & Internet...wifi, bluetooth always on

For me it is enough as long as it survives one day without recharging

But dont count on any answer because it always depends on your personal usage...
    10-01-10 09:17 AM
    I keep mine on 2G which saves battery big time. I can make several calls, use BBM, SMS, email, browse the internet on WiFi and after a full day of 17-18 hours I've never been below 50%. Even yesterday after rebooting several times (trying different themes) at the end of that time period I was down to 54%.
    What are the downsides of 2G? Does it affect call quality, or interweb quality?
    10-01-10 09:24 AM
    I charge mine each night and I always have at least 50% battery left at the end of the day. I am not really a heavy user but not an extremly light user either; I am somewhere in between.
    10-01-10 09:27 AM
    About the rebooting with themes, is this just a standard practice that you do because I've been playing with themes for the last couple of days and never "had" to reboot?

10-01-10 09:27 AM
    I am currently running .246
    So far, ive been using the phone for about 3 hours [from full charge], most of it idling.
    I've sent 3 text messages, 0 phone calls, handful of bbm messages, 2 emails came in, briefly used weather and the Globe and Mail news app, and occasional checking of the facebook. Vibrate is on, volume set to 6-7 on the message chimes.
    Every so often i'd hit a button to bring up the time. display brightness is default.
    Ive been on 3G, and im sitting at 85% battery.
    10-01-10 09:35 AM
    20 emails about 20 texts....moderate bbm use....and about 20 minytes daily on brows......i get 3 days before i need to charge
    10-01-10 09:35 AM
    3G should almost always be off unless you NEED it. Like browsing the web. And downloading some crazy things and stream videos/music. Turn it off! You do not need it on all the time!
    10-01-10 09:38 AM
    ^ i agree. i'm mostly on the EDGE.
    and i get to charge every other night
    10-01-10 09:45 AM
    I had an Android phone between my Pearl and my Torch and that thing barely lasted 9 hours a day even with highest power saving settings, task killers and automatic connection killers for the 3G, and I could not talk on it for more than 5 minutes or it wouldn't even last that long.

My Torch will last me almost 2 full days before I have to charge. I am on EDGE and I do a lot of texting (40-50 a day), email (20-30 a day) and and probably 1-2 hours of browsing daily. Not so much talking, maybe 30 minutes a day.

To answer an earlier question, I cannot tell any difference between 2G and 3G. In fact, I was constantly losing calls on my Android 3G connection, and I have yet to drop one on my Torch. I am on TMobile so I cannot get 3G on my phone, but there just isn't any difference in anything that I do regularly on the phone.
    10-01-10 09:51 AM
    How do you set it to 2G? I have a 9650, and under Mobile Network Options, I set Network Technology to 1XEV, but it still displays 3G on the Home Screen.
    10-01-10 09:51 AM
    How do you set it to 2G? I have a 9650, and under Mobile Network Options, I set Network Technology to 1XEV, but it still displays 3G on the Home Screen.
    You cannot set it to 2G on VZW. 2G (EDGE) is a GSM carrier band. 3G on CDMA carriers is 1XEV, which is how it should be set.
    10-01-10 10:05 AM
    I recharge every third day. About 10 calls per day. 100 emails over 3 different accounts per day. Weather Bug updates every 4 hours. 50 texts per day. Wifi and/or bluetooth on 90% of phone on time. Auto set to power off at midnight and back on at 6:00 AM.

I too keep my phone on EDGE (2G) unless I am in another town as we do not have 3G coverage where I live. I could be wrong but I don't believe 2G degrades phone quality/coverage at all but greatly increases battery life. Of course... data transfer... that's a horse of a different color.
    10-01-10 10:07 AM
    Hmm..yea 2G is a no go for me lol. I'm on Telus and as soon as i swtiched to 2G, all my bars dropped and it listed me on Rogers. I'd hate to be on Roger's where I am if thats the case lol (i usually work in the middle of nowhere)
    10-01-10 10:15 AM
    Hmm..yea 2G is a no go for me lol. I'm on Telus and as soon as i swtiched to 2G, all my bars dropped and it listed me on Rogers. I'd hate to be on Roger's where I am if thats the case lol (i usually work in the middle of nowhere)
    Telus does not have a 2G network.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-01-10 11:28 AM
    running .225 I abuse my phone I'm always tweeting bbming receiving calls facebooking. I wake up around 630 am and go to sleep around 2 am. I charge for abour an hour around 4pm. It'll last that whole duration with no worrying.
    10-01-10 11:45 AM
    Telus does not have a 2G network.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Iindeed. Pretty much the only two carriers with a 2G network are Rogers and FIDO. Chatr is Rogers too, but I don't think they have data plans.

10-01-10 01:47 PM
    Really strange how so many have vastly different battery life. I'd love to see the results in a poll (but it will take someone with more message board knowledge than me to set it up . Hardest part would be to get some sort of standardized results using the same OS, apps open, etc.
    10-01-10 01:55 PM
    What are the downsides of 2G? Does it affect call quality, or interweb quality?
    Call quality has nothing to do with 2G and 3G, it has to do with signal reception. 3G is only worth running if you are on a call and want to use data simultaneously (SMS, BBM, internet, etc.), or for streaming music or videos or internet browsing, although I've noticed very little difference in speed in just light browsing.

About the rebooting with themes, is this just a standard practice that you do because I've been playing with themes for the last couple of days and never "had" to reboot?

I've noticed after changing themes some Icons don't change properly or type effects don't look correct until after rebooting. For example, I installed the DevCon theme, the preview pic showed a message envelope with a big @ on it, I didn't have that until after I rebooted. It also has a slightly different browser icon, it has the teal color in it and a cursor on it. When I switched back to the stock theme, I still had that icon along with a few others from the DevCon theme, until I rebooted.
    Last edited by NoahFecks; 10-01-10 at 02:03 PM.
    10-01-10 02:01 PM
    I assume I'm an average user. 20-50 emails a day (7 accounts), some sms or mms, light browsing, phone calls vary from less than 30 minutes total/day to a few hours.

After a day of use (12-16hr), I have anywhere from 70%-45% battery left. Usually charge overnight.

My longest was Labor Day weekend. Took it off the charger at 7am on a Saturday and didn't plug it back in until Monday around 1:30pm. Was down to 10%.

I'm almost always on 3G. Some spots around town switch me to EDGE, but overall this city has good coverage.
    10-01-10 02:07 PM
    Kinda surprised, the battery life is way better than my 9650 was... Never have problems making it through the day.
    10-01-10 02:13 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD