Hello.
    I have a company phone that I have all my contacts on.
    This phone I use as my personal and one and only phone.
    When I back up my phone my contact list does not transfer!?
    Out IT guys says that is because it is a company phone on the company network and I can not get my contacts off this phone.
    He went further to say that when I leave the company that I will not be able to keep this phone because of the data that is in it!
    I have many personal and company contacts in this phone outside of the company e-mail addresses and datea base that they are so concerned about.
    [B]How can I get this contact list from my phone into my possession??[/B]
    Last edited by Powerwagon64; 01-17-13 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Spelling
    01-17-13 10:50 AM
    If the phone is linked to your corporate email via a BES server all your contacts will be in your corporate email program so you should be ale to export them from there.
    Powerwagon64 likes this.
    01-17-13 12:52 PM
    If the phone is linked to your corporate email via a BES server all your contacts will be in your corporate email program so you should be ale to export them from there.
    Thanks Lunatic!!

I will try this tomorrow.
    Any idea about getting phone contact list?
    01-17-13 01:56 PM
    What do you mean by phone contact list? Your contacts will be in your email client?
    01-17-13 02:03 PM
    What do you mean by phone contact list? Your contacts will be in your email client?
    Lunatic, hello.

What I mean is my phone numbers in my Blackberry. I can not export these.
    When I back up my phone I get everything to my laptop except my phone contacts / phone numbers list.
    My IT guy says you cant have these they are in the phone and are the property of the company.
    Every business and friend and I have put in my phone is not currently accesible by me to keep if I loose phone or change company!
    I have hundreds of contacts I have populated in my phone and wish to keep these.

Any suggestions? Thank you for your time and any feedback!!
    01-18-13 07:46 AM
    As I said, if your phone is connected to your corporate BES server so your email and calendar sync, then your contacts will be in your work email program. You can export them from there.
    01-18-13 08:02 AM
    As I said, if your phone is connected to your corporate BES server so your email and calendar sync, then your contacts will be in your work email program. You can export them from there.
    Lunatic, thanks again.
    My email and calender syncs up but I have no phone numbers that sync up to my email or calendar programs.
    My phone numbers appear to be stuck in my phone only?
    Still wondering how to get phone numbers outta my phone?
    01-19-13 08:47 AM
    Lunatic, thanks again.
    My email and calender syncs up but I have no phone numbers that sync up to my email or calendar programs.
    My phone numbers appear to be stuck in my phone only?
    Still wondering how to get phone numbers outta my phone?
    What email program are you using? I switched to BES and ALL of my stored contacts (email/address/numbers) transferred into my Outlook (Exchange) contact list (including people for whom I ONLY have a phone number adn even some for whom I only have a birthday and no other contact information (friends' children)). They also all show up on any other devices I have linked to the exchange acct (e.g., PB).

(Furthermore, I'm able to export/backup them with DM, however, there is no restriction on that from IT, so that may be why you can't export directly from your BB).
    03-12-13 12:22 PM