So my wife has an iPad....(the one without 3G so she can only get on the internet when we are at home and she gets on with our home wireless router)

Question: How does she link to the internet through my Torch lets say if we are in the car or at somebody's house that does not have a wireless router?

Thanks in advance.
    12-26-10 09:49 PM
    not a bb feature... only a few droid devices have this ability.
    12-26-10 09:58 PM
    Yeah, rooted Android devices have the ability, no BBs
    12-26-10 10:01 PM
    you cant use any blackberry as a router you can use tether to get internet on your computer
    12-26-10 10:07 PM
    It's not a feature for BBs, only Anroids on 2.1+, rooted Androids, Palm Pres, and jailbroken iPhones. I'm sure it is fully capable of doing so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-10 11:50 PM
    Ok...thanks for the info...My wife's phone is a droid. Does anyone know how to set this up?
    12-27-10 01:54 AM
    Ok...thanks for the info...My wife's phone is a droid. Does anyone know how to set this up?
    search the droid forums on how to root the phone. im sure if you google it, you will find a million sites explaining everything you need to do.
    12-27-10 02:35 AM
    New torch user and owner. I had a iPhone jailbroken and switched is there an app like mywi4.0 where phone allows you to tether without having to pay more for service? On AT&T with unlimited media and Internet package.
    Thanks for advice
    12-28-10 11:53 PM
    New torch user and owner. I had a iPhone jailbroken and switched is there an app like mywi4.0 where phone allows you to tether without having to pay more for service? On AT&T with unlimited media and Internet package.
    Thanks for advice
    there is an app called Tether, it will connect your computer to your BB's 3G internet (will not connect BB to iPad, etc). Its $50 but can be found on sale at crackberry for half off fairly often.
    12-29-10 03:43 AM
    there is an app called Tether, it will connect your computer to your BB's 3G internet (will not connect BB to iPad, etc). Its $50 but can be found on sale at crackberry for half off fairly often.
    Just to add on, every so often they have a deal on tether...I got mine for $ 30 the week before christmas so, keep a lookout here on crackberry to see if u can get it cheaper.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 04:52 AM
    Thanks for advice.
    12-29-10 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD