Ok, I am babysitting someone's business again for a week, and I have his Torch. I am used to my 9700 and this Torch is driving me insane! When I hold the 1 button to dial into voicemail, I get there, enter my passcode, then when I hold the phone up to my cheek to actually listen to the messages, if my cheek even brushes the screen it dials stuff on the touch screen and messes up voicemail. Is there any way to prevent this? I am literally forced to hold the Torch so far from my face that it's not natural. HELP!
    02-11-11 12:16 AM
    Crappy -- sounds like a miss on the s/w front. Use speakerphone in the meantime.
    02-11-11 12:21 AM
    You can't disable the touch screen, but you can adjust the sensitivity of it. Options> Typing and Input> Touch Screen Sensitivity.

This might be helpful with the adjustments.
    Last edited by cd5000; 02-11-11 at 01:21 AM.
    KodyShadow likes this.
    02-11-11 01:17 AM
    There is a Proximity Sensor on the front of the phone that disables the touch screen automatically when you hold it to your cheek (black dot next to the LED notification light). If it is not doing this, then you have a defective device. I would return in to Rodgers and get a new one.
    KodyShadow likes this.
    02-11-11 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD