sup guys. new bb user here. i switched from an android phone. so far im liking the bb a lot mostly because its ui is so nice and simple. not to mention less lag. anyways, i have a hard time properly sliding open the torch to reveal the keyboard. any advice on how to properly sliding it? i cant tell u how many times ive tried to slide it open only to have it almost jumped out of my hands
    12-12-10 11:17 PM
    just hold the back and use your thumb to push the screen up? you dont have to push that hard. it pops open once you push past a certain point.
    12-12-10 11:26 PM
    there is no "right way".

heres what i do.....

with one finger - push right under the trackpad and up
    with two fingers - one thumb under the call button, one under the end button, then up
    sometimes, i use one thumb along the side of the phone to slide it also.
    if you are feeling lucky and want to impress the chicks, swing it like a switchblade and maybe it will slide up on its own.
    12-12-10 11:26 PM
    if you are feeling lucky and want to impress the chicks, swing it like a switchblade and maybe it will slide up on its own.
    but don't let go of the phone, otherwise they will not be impress ;p
    12-13-10 07:32 AM
    This has me laughing at my desk.

I actually have visions of me trying to do that in kitchen and it flying out of my hand and landing in someone's overly huge BlackBerry coffee mug just to rub salt in the wound.

12-13-10 08:00 AM
    one hand thumb under trackpad and pop it up. look real pimp-like lol jk
    12-13-10 08:01 AM
    I just place my thumb on the screen and push up, simple.
    12-13-10 08:11 AM
    I place right thumb on the slider bezel just below the excape key and push up. I try to do the same thing with the left thumb in a corresponding spot under the menu key, but I must be left thumb challenged: half the time it works, half the time I slide and kit the key which activates the screen to where I don't want to go. I would say left thumb handicapped, but didn't want to offend anyone. Maybe I should say left thumb dumb. Has a poetic ring to it.
    12-13-10 08:23 AM
    I put my thumb on the screen and slide it up... I found that to be the easiest way
    12-13-10 08:52 AM
    There is no right way to slide it out. (unless you sliding it out the palm of your hands lol...) Just do you and whatever works best for you.
    12-13-10 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD