8 80.00%
  • Radio tuner

2 20.00%
  • Lens cover.

0 0%
  • FM transmitter

2 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I've just bought a 9800 Torch Blackberry, having had a 9700 Bold. I had voice guided turn by turn navigation on the Bold - it worked very well. I have set up the "ordinary" navigation on the 9800 - that too works very well but it's just the map with the route colored in on the roads - ie no voice guidance. Does anyone have any idea how to get the voice guided navigation set up on my Torch?
    One other quick question..... Sometimes my browser pages can't be zoomed. I believe they've had time to load. This neverhappens on e-mails or e-mail attachments. I do recall many instances on the Bold (9700) not being able to zoom the page. The writing was so tiny, it made reading thecontent impossible. Any ideas/suggestions?

Although I've only had the Torch for less than a day, it's shaping up to be a really nice phone.
    I'd like it to have:-
    1) Adobe Flash player - of course
    2) an FM transmitter to play media on the car radio.
    3) FM tuner
    4) More convenience keys.
    5) Lens cover.
    Does anyone have any feedback or thoughts on these suggestions?

Ian (Australia)
    Last edited by irivlin; 12-07-10 at 09:35 PM.
    12-07-10 09:32 PM
    You'll have to install whatever voice navigation app you had on the Bold if you want it on the Torch.

1) Flash may or may not happen.
    2) FM Transmitter won't happen. Why not use Bluetooth anyway?
    3) FM Tuner - Try the app Tunein Radio
    4) That would be awesome. Sixtools will allow you to use other buttons as convenience keys.
    5) ?
    irivlin likes this.
    12-07-10 10:27 PM
    Flash certainly is required!
    12-08-10 12:53 AM
    You'll have to install whatever voice navigation app you had on the Bold if you want it on the Torch.

1) Flash may or may not happen.
    2) FM Transmitter won't happen. Why not use Bluetooth anyway?
    3) FM Tuner - Try the app Tunein Radio
    4) That would be awesome. Sixtools will allow you to use other buttons as convenience keys.
    5) ?
    I loaded TuneIn and SixTools. They are really good. (but I wonder what the download charges will be with an Internet radio using up data limits ???). Still can't find the application for the voice guided navigation... Can't even find anyone who knows about this but it obviously exists.
    12-08-10 08:56 PM
    We need another option to that poll:

None of the above.

+1 on sixtools.

Adds orientation lock as well as added convenience keys(volume up and down as well as the mute key). All 3 can be remapped as convenience keys via this app.
    irivlin likes this.
    12-08-10 09:09 PM
    To be fair, I'd have liked there to be an option for "None of the above" but there was a limit on how many questions could be posed.
    12-08-10 10:22 PM
    I loaded TuneIn and SixTools. They are really good. (but I wonder what the download charges will be with an Internet radio using up data limits ???). Still can't find the application for the voice guided navigation... Can't even find anyone who knows about this but it obviously exists.
    The phones themselves don't come with voice navigation though. It's an app either provided by your carrier or otherwise.

Tunein will use data. I don't use it much because I use Flycast. Flycast uses up about 1MB/minute, so listening for 10 hours uses up about 600MB of data.
    irivlin likes this.
    12-08-10 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD