Backed up and restored all my files, but my ringtones and pictures that are on my computer didn't get transferred over.

How do I get these pics and ringtones onto my Torch?

Thanks for any help
    01-27-11 09:01 PM
    Weren't they on a media card?
    What are they doing on the computer?
    01-27-11 09:25 PM
    yeah they were, but I also backed them up on computer

I can't find them on the phone even though the store guy told me he put the old card back in
    01-27-11 09:43 PM
    Does the media card show installed? Options> Device> Storage
    If so, does it show anything on it? Like a difference between "Free Space" and "Total Space"

If nothing is on there, then just plug the phone into your computer, view it as a drive, and copy everything over.
    01-27-11 09:51 PM
    Thanks, this helps...

It says 3.4 used and 3.6 GB free

How do I view the BB as a folder (ie. which folder would I drag the photos and ringtones into?)
    01-27-11 09:58 PM
    That card has a bunch of stuff already on it...

But you can first go to Options> Device> Storage, and make sure "Media Card Support" is checked. Then just plug your phone in, select "USB Device" when it pops up on the phones screen. After that you can view your phone from My Computer just like any other external drive. There will be folders already there for you to add ringtones and pictures to.
    01-27-11 10:08 PM
    okay, when I plug the blackberry in. When I go to my finder, I get 2 'blackberry' options.

1. Blackberry
    2. 'No Name' (assuming this is the media card)

I dragged the files that I wanted onto the 'No Name' media card, but then when I I removed the blackberry, they weren't on the phone. They copied successfully but clearly did not input back on to the phone

Any ideas?
    01-27-11 11:16 PM
    Now the photos are apparently on the phone (that I moved over) but even though it says '61 photos' when I try and click any on the phone, nothing comes up

Anyone?
    01-28-11 12:04 PM
    Did you put them in the pictures folder on the card?

What I would do since you have everything backed up on the computer is go to Options> Device> Storage> Hit the menu button, and select "Format"

This will delete everything on the card and input the proper file structure. Then you can hook the phone back up to the computer and put your pictures and ringtones into the proper folders.
    Murtz316 likes this.
    01-28-11 12:12 PM
    Got it to work! Thanks! It also required restarting the blackberry but totally transferred.

Thanks!!!
    01-28-11 01:02 PM
    Awesome!!! You're very welcome!
    01-28-11 01:18 PM
    Hi guys I deleted pictures that were saved on my blackberry device memory, and I do not have my memory card is there anway of retrieving those pictures? Please do advise
    03-09-13 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD