I inadvertently deleted mobile banking and now I need to reinstall. When I try to get it from the app store it says it's not compatible with the Torch. Anyone know where I can get it or how I can reinstall it?
    09-12-10 03:24 PM
    You probably have to call ATT. And have them reseend the service books!! I have the Torch on tmobile and I can't find the touch compatible one. However I have regions banking and that's where I got the app from on my 9700, I tried to fake out which service I had in my online banking to get the app from regions and it says the Torch is PRE-LOADED with it and doesn't give the option to download!! So  ATT and please let me know what the deal is!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 03:41 PM
    Yep after 3 people, an hour and a half, they finally resent the service books. They wanted me to do a wipe first but I refused. Don't delete a preinstalled app you think you might use!
    09-12-10 05:09 PM
    You could have just done a battery pull. It usually resends the service books for most of the AT&T specific apps. Just for future reference.

09-12-10 09:18 PM
    If you had the app there should be a shortcut in the applications folder to reinstall it. All the default apps go back to a download / shortcut when removed. Make aure it is not hidden.

Under email config, you can login and resend the service books or you can do the same via the BIS website.

Last edited by shansmi; 09-12-10 at 10:37 PM.
    09-12-10 10:34 PM
    Yep after 3 people, an hour and a half, they finally resent the service books. They wanted me to do a wipe first but I refused. Don't delete a preinstalled app you think you might use!
    hey would you be willing to send me the cod file?? for the mobile banking. i know bbsak backs up your cod app files and you can just email it to me or bbm it to me?? pleassseeeeeeeeeeee!!!
    09-22-10 09:26 AM
    These are technically called "pre-loaded apps," but they are not actually loaded on your device. Rather, the icons are just launchers to a "virtual preload" site, where you indicate your agreement to terms and conditions and are then kicked over to a third site for the actual download.

Presumably, any Torch owner here who doesn't have Mobile Banking actually installed should be able to click on the Mobile Banking icon and then give you the URL for the Mobile Banking virtual preload. I'd post it, but I have Mobile Banking installed already. (For example, the URL for the WHERE app's virtual preload is h ttp://www.blackberry.com/VirtualPreload/?url=http://download.where.com/install/where&language=en).
    09-22-10 09:57 AM
    These are technically called "pre-loaded apps," but they are not actually loaded on your device. Rather, the icons are just launchers to a "virtual preload" site, where you indicate your agreement to terms and conditions and are then kicked over to a third site for the actual download.

Presumably, any Torch owner here who doesn't have Mobile Banking actually installed should be able to click on the Mobile Banking icon and then give you the URL for the Mobile Banking virtual preload. I'd post it, but I have Mobile Banking installed already. (For example, the URL for the WHERE app's virtual preload is h ttp://www.blackberry.com/VirtualPreload/?url=http://download.where.com/install/where&language=en).
    any idea on what the mobile banking preload url is?
    09-22-10 12:47 PM
    Yeah, it's h ttp://www.blackberry.com/VirtualPreload/?url=http://go.mbanking.mobi/ftap/download/1/MobileBanking.jad&language=en
    09-22-10 01:29 PM
    Yeah, it's h ttp://www.blackberry.com/VirtualPreload/?url=http://go.mbanking.mobi/ftap/download/1/MobileBanking.jad&language=en
    Wow that's perfect!! Thank you so Much!!! I appreciate it a lot!!

09-24-10 06:27 PM
    Omg thank u sooooo much!!! Last night I was updating an app and bricked my torch (stuck in endless rebooting) so today as a last resort I installed the newest OS moving from the .246 (in which txting verizon phones would render a blank text) before the lates os I was going to downgrade but really hate having to rinstall all my apps etc oh yeah and I lost all my pw's in my pw keeper and last but not least my mobile banking was gone and att app center said the torch isn't copatable with the app and regions said there is only an iphon(y) app so again thanks soooo much!

04-22-11 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD