Is there a way to make "favorites" my default home screen so it appears all the time? instead of "ALL" when I open the phone?
    08-13-10 04:37 PM
    Would like to know this also. Havent found out yet
    08-14-10 06:25 PM
    If there is not a way, then maybe it needs to get added to the bug list post.
    08-15-10 07:44 AM
    I ended up just moving all my all screens icons into the same order I had my favorites so it essentially replaced favorites and I use favorites as contact icon page now. May want to try that out
    08-15-10 07:49 AM
    Is there a way to make "favorites" my default home screen so it appears all the time? instead of "ALL" when I open the phone?
    Not sure what you mean as default?
    If I slide my "all" to the "favorite" position, it''s always there (after returning to the home screen after any other function) until I slide it to something else. It stays in the favs position through power on-off but I'll admit I haven't tried it through a battery pull.
    08-15-10 11:47 AM
    What happens is if u press the END key the ALL page will return as the main page

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 12:45 PM
    Exactly. You have to hit the back key to keep Favorites in place. In the next fix, you should be able to select a setting for a default page.
    08-15-10 12:51 PM
    I agree. This is a feature that would make a lot of sense.
    11-04-10 10:21 AM
    BUMP

Can this be done yet?
    03-06-11 04:58 PM
    Running .450 and haven't found a way to do this yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-11 05:32 PM
    I ended up just moving all my all screens icons into the same order I had my favorites so it essentially replaced favorites and I use favorites as contact icon page now. May want to try that out
    Great Idea, This was a feature I saw on some of Android phones having a favourite contacts home screen and wondered how to go about it on BB. I just created a folder which is on the very bottom of my all tab and added my favourite contacts in their and marked them as favourites and now they appear under my favourite tab. I have my top apps at top of all tab and wasnt using the favourites tab till now.

Now I dont particularly need the folder at bottom of all if it would work without. If I hide the folder will the contacts still appear in favourites?
    03-07-11 05:53 AM
    You should be able to pretty much duplicate what you have on the favorites view on All. Just add contacts and choose the home folder when saving as favorites. Arrange your icons accordingly and you'll be good to go.
    03-07-11 10:11 AM
    how do you have them show on the favorites page, but not the "all" page? i tried to make a folder and put them in the folder on the "all" page, but they disappeared from the favorites page. also tried hiding them on the all page, but that hid them on the favorites page.

in short, it's a great idea, but i'd like them to ONLY show on the favorites page. anyone able to make that happen, and if so, how'd ya do it/

please and thanks.
    03-07-11 10:29 AM
    I am using the "All" menu on my torch as my main menu. I have it set up similarly to my old Bold 9700. I use that for everything except Media, where I do use the "Media" menu page. However, that left me with little use for the "Favorites" menu page. So I decided to delete everything there and load it up with my most often used contacts.

When you highlight a contact on the contact list, your Blackberry Key menu has an option "Add to Home Screen." That opens a window where you can choose a location and mark it as a favorite. If you leave the default location of "home" the contact will appear on both the home and favorites menu, which I did not want. Since I already had created a "Junk" folder, I simply move the contact to that folder and mark as a favorite at the same time.

Now My "Favorites" menu is populated ONLY with many of my most used contacts. And when they appear on a menu page, you can tap/hold the contact icon to get several options such as call, pin, text, email, etc...
    yogi likes this.
    03-07-11 11:30 AM
    I hate the stock theme. to much going on.. you can scroll up down left right etc etc. id suggest looking into a new theme to get what youre looking for.
    03-07-11 12:21 PM
    When you highlight a contact on the contact list, your Blackberry Key menu has an option "Add to Home Screen." That opens a window where you can choose a location and mark it as a favorite. If you leave the default location of "home" the contact will appear on both the home and favorites menu, which I did not want. Since I already had created a "Junk" folder, I simply move the contact to that folder and mark as a favorite at the same time.
    ah, i learned something, thank you.

however, when i follow those steps, i can't see the contact either in the favorites or the folder. when i go back to the contact it says "remove from home screen" so it thinks it happend. i did "show all" and it wasnt' hidden.

any suggestions?

thanks again.
    03-07-11 11:24 PM
    OMG, after MUCH fiddling around and MUCH reading around, I finally made it happen! yayyyyyyy

thanks sooooooooooo much for your help!
    have a great day!
    03-07-11 11:35 PM
    Is there any way by a chance that anybody knows of that I can get rid of the "Favorites, Frequent, Downloads, etc" on my 9800? It drives me nuts because when I take it out of the holster it goes to one of the other screens and I have to swipe back to the "All" screen.
    05-10-11 04:52 PM
    Is there any way by a chance that anybody knows of that I can get rid of the "Favorites, Frequent, Downloads, etc" on my 9800? It drives me nuts because when I take it out of the holster it goes to one of the other screens and I have to swipe back to the "All" screen.
    Load a new Theme. Try something like this. Stock Plus by VinceThePrince - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    05-10-11 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD