how do i factory reset my 9800
hi i bought a second hand 9800 torch....
the previous owner name and details and etc are still on phone and certain settings wont work due to what they have d/loaded n the settings they have set.
please can some one tell me how to reset it too, as if its just come out the box. please thank you
- 02-11-13, 07:13 AM #2
1. Select the Options
2. Select Security.
3. Select Security Wipe.
4. Check the items you wish to remove:
Emails, Contacts, etc.
User Installed Applications
5. Type blackberry in the box, then tap Wipe.
- 02-16-13, 12:52 AM #7
Download the most current OS6
Erase the device
Then use DM to load the new/fresh version of OS6
Login to [your carrier].blackberry.com and transfer your email address/es
Login to BlackBerry
AppWorld to confirm change of device and pin
- 02-24-13, 10:46 PM #8
For a quick way you can wipe the phone I guess you could just put a passcode on the phone then get it wrong ten times... Lol. I've never tried it (might not delete all the info...) but when my phone says that information will be erased upon failure, I tend to take it seriously.
- 02-25-13, 09:08 PM #10
Akavbb: I believe you meant 'You use BBSAK to do a wipe prior to installing the new, clean OS, not after. What reason would there be to wipe a new OS you just installed?
OP: if you are going to use a program like BBSAK and have never done a wipe/reload before, you should do it as Howarmat has instructed and you will achieve the same or similar results. Good Luck!
- By Sgt_Smoker in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 12-06-09, 10:37 AM
- By tmp3150 in forum AndroidReplies: 3Last Post: 11-30-09, 11:48 AM
- By webby77 in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 10Last Post: 10-27-09, 07:19 PM
- By IceKreamMan in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 1Last Post: 07-28-09, 02:53 AM
- By waltercg123 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 4Last Post: 03-25-09, 11:08 PM