Yes i said Disassemble...I dont know about you guys, my fellow Torchers, but I would really like to have my Torch in all red or all white. So if anyone has a clue or can post a video to a link that would help, i just ordered both housing in all red and all white, i'm pretty good @ changing housings, on my BB Bold i had it in almost every color so any idea or help will really be appreciated....And if any of you guys wanna buy those real nice housings below is the link. Thanks.

Blackberry Slider 9800 Specs Accessories
    08-18-10 09:40 PM
    id like to tear down the device myself. trying to get a way to tighten up the screen a bit, feels kinda loose like it wiggles a bit. soon as someone post up some tips or videos on how to disassemble then im all up for it.
    08-23-10 11:41 PM
    I just got my red housing from truesupplier...and I have no idea how to disassemble the phone...have you guys had any luck??
    08-29-10 06:17 PM
    i've looked for vids online - havn't come across any yet. I am also interested in being able to ::hopefully:: tighten the screen a little.
    08-29-10 06:53 PM
    Someone will tear one apart soon I am sure. I am curious to see the slide mechanism.
    08-29-10 07:48 PM
    As soon as I see a video demonstrating how to dissamble the torch, Im going to buy the white housing. ITS SO SEXY
    08-29-10 09:27 PM
    i would like to know this as well. whats a good website to buy the full housing, and how many different colors are there??
    08-29-10 09:42 PM
    so far truesupplier has 3 housings, the original in black, in white, and in red. i am dying for someone to post a video on how to disassemble. ive tried and went half way, didnt wanna mess up the phone. lol. i need to tighten the screen, also bought a red housing that i want to install for my cousin.
    08-31-10 07:00 AM
    does the housing come with the mute/lock button part?
    08-31-10 03:29 PM
    so far truesupplier has 3 housings, the original in black, in white, and in red. i am dying for someone to post a video on how to disassemble. ive tried and went half way, didnt wanna mess up the phone. lol. i need to tighten the screen, also bought a red housing that i want to install for my cousin.
    How far have you gotten? I can get most of the housing off, but as at some point I get stuck.
    09-23-10 12:36 AM
    Here you go..

09-23-10 01:18 AM
    Is it possible to tighten the screen wobble upon dissembly? I'm tempted to actually try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 05:58 AM
    Is it possible to tighten the screen wobble upon dissembly? I'm tempted to actually try.

Million dollar question!!! Sure would like to know as well...

09-23-10 10:26 AM
    Has anyone tried to disassemble/reassemble the torch since seeing the video on YouTube?
    09-23-10 01:31 PM
    i watched that video of the teardown.. i can say with all honesty that simply removing the bezel and battery holder parts, then tightening the 6 screws on the side under the sticker tightens the screen up and gets rid of the wobble. As stated in the video u need a t3 and a t6 screwdriver, the bezel and battery holder use the t6 while the screen assembly uses the t3. Had to drive around to a few stores to finally find the t3 one, but it defiantly fixes the screen "wobble"
    09-23-10 02:33 PM
    I couldn't go thru the unsticking part to access the slider torxes, unless there's a way to separate the thing cleanly, I'd do it.
    09-23-10 02:35 PM
    id like more confirmation that tightening the screws tightens the wobble.. id be willing to risk it to try and fix it
    09-23-10 02:39 PM
    more information? like what? and i didnt remove the sticker just slightly peeled it back just enough to reach the screws(their right on the extreme edge of the sticker so u dont have to unstick it much, and if u look closely on the right hand side u will notice there's a hole in the sticker for the top screw). then simply restick it and put it back together no big deal.
    09-23-10 02:43 PM
    sorry misread your post.. thought u said i wanted more information not a "confirmation"

My torch "wobbled" badly so i tried the what someone else posted about changing thier housing to red and found the teardown video and even he said that it fixed his wobble. after tightening 6 screws no more wobble.
    09-23-10 02:43 PM
    so on that teardown video.. there were parts before the 6 screws under the sticker..

there were the screws to remove the bezel, then the screws to remove the battery/camera piece..., then there were the parts where you removed and disconnected some ribbons... did you do the ribbons.. or just go to the screws under the sticker after removing the bezel and camera part?
    09-23-10 02:55 PM
    took out the 4 screws that hold the bezel then 2 more under the bezel to remove the battery compartment/camera parts, then straight to the 6 screws under the sticker. I didnt want to mess with all the ribbons, looked way to complicated and didnt want to screw anything up since i have a tendency to screw things up when their really flimsy or tiny

just a side note....

when removing the battery compartment/camera parts. be very careful to unclip it from the bottom first, after tearing mine down i realized the clip to hold it in is on the bottom while the top is just 2 tabs that hold it in place. way to easy to break off the tabs if u dont unclip it from the bottom first then simply slide it up intead of trying to unclip the top also.
    09-23-10 03:04 PM
    Interesting video... I usually try to fix just about everything i can by myself, including tube amplifiers, etc, but I can honestly say that other than fixing the wobble, it looks like a giant pain in the a$$
    09-23-10 05:25 PM
    i watched that video of the teardown.. i can say with all honesty that simply removing the bezel and battery holder parts, then tightening the 6 screws on the side under the sticker tightens the screen up and gets rid of the wobble. As stated in the video u need a t3 and a t6 screwdriver, the bezel and battery holder use the t6 while the screen assembly uses the t3. Had to drive around to a few stores to finally find the t3 one, but it defiantly fixes the screen "wobble"
    I wonder if there is some longterm issue with making the screws tight. I know it sounds far fetched, but I have now had my hands on Torch's from 3 different facilities, Mexico 4 and 5 and Canada 1. ALL had the wobble to some degree. Folks, this is NOT a manufacturing error. It's intentional... surely not every assembler at every plant neglected to tighten these 4 screws. I wonder what the issue is?
    09-23-10 07:27 PM
    I wonder if there is some longterm issue with making the screws tight. I know it sounds far fetched, but I have now had my hands on Torch's from 3 different facilities, Mexico 4 and 5 and Canada 1. ALL had the wobble to some degree. Folks, this is NOT a manufacturing error. It's intentional... surely not every assembler at every plant neglected to tighten these 4 screws. I wonder what the issue is?
    My thoughts exactly... hope we can get more clarity on this, I'm itching to tighten the screws any second know lol :/

09-23-10 08:36 PM
    I don't think that its an issue of everyone not tightening the 6 screws lol. i noticed that on mine they weren't tight but prolly had worked themselves loose through usage. when i first got my torch the screen was rock solid.. now after 3 or so weeks of constant use it was getting wobbly. So i figured well hey maybe they just work themselves looses from use. After seeing the video my guess was prolly correct as there's no thread locker on the screws.. best guess they just work loose.. maybe not who know but i do know mines tight again and well see if it causes any issues over time.

EDIT:

the screws weren't super loose just a 1/4 a turn or so was all it took to tighten the screen up again.
    Last edited by homer1475; 09-23-10 at 09:16 PM.
    09-23-10 09:09 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD