CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to delete history and stop /torch from keeping history

OK neighbors...I am still trying to figure out how to delete the history from my torch. I have tried the menu, delete, history, cache, push content, etc...done it a dozen times...read everything in help concerning deleting history. I follow the instructions exactly and it does not work...and ideas...???? I sometimes do go to places I don't want the kids to see when they pick up the phone to play games. Thanks for your help....!!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Home screen>browser>BBmenu>options>scroll to bottom of screen to "clear browsing data:" make sure passwords, history, cache is checked then hit "clear now" Clears mine.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.2.1.2141
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry Genius

If your talking about browser history from the universal search on home screen. Your going to have to either do a soft reset or a battery pull. To do a soft reset you press alt+R shift+delete. This tries my patiences. I have tried and read everything nothing else works. I'm so surprised of the people that don't know about the browser history on the home screen. Anyway I hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks for your response(s)

Newcollector: I have done exactly what you suggested with no success...but I did it again...still no success. It just does not seem to work on my phone...even though I get the message "clearing history"...but it's still there. Guess I will stop by the att store next opp and see if any of the folks there can help me.

13echo4: I tried your suggestion also the alt+R shift+delete didn't seem to do anything...so I went in thru the BB menu and did the daily history delete...then did a battery pull...one of those worked...not sure which but the history "seems to be gone", but I have though that b4 only to have it pop back up the next time I turn on the phone...even after a battery pull...! ????? it sure has me puzzled....!

But I do appreciate the reply from both of you...I am BETTER off than I was b4 I ask...!
    graymule

If you just want to clear the history, and aren't worried about the cache or cookies, try this. With the browser open, go to Menu> History. This brings up all history, by day. The current day will be expanded, previous days will be collapsed. Select any or all (shift + scroll to select) then hit the delete key. Presto. This should do what you're looking for.

CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar.cm View Post
    If you just want to clear the history, and aren't worried about the cache or cookies, try this. With the browser open, go to Menu> History. This brings up all history, by day. The current day will be expanded, previous days will be collapsed. Select any or all (shift + scroll to select) then hit the delete key. Presto. This should do what you're looking for.

No it will still be in yourbrowser history folder on the home screen. You can find this folder with an unviseral search. The only way to clear it is with a reset or batt. Pull.
    Like I said a soft reset is a pita on the Torch. You'll know when you do it cause the phone will reboot. I don't know if this what you meant by it didn't appear to do anything. What I have to do is try and press the alt key just b4 pushing the shift and delete keys. My 9700 was a small pain but at least I didn't have the over balanced weigjt of tje screen up top. Glad this seemed to help. When you get to att be prepared for the dumb founded stare when you ask them your question. Your going to blow tjeir mind. I know "I did". Thst was a good laugh.

CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar.cm View Post

No it will still be in your browser history folder on the home screen. You can find this folder with an universal search. The only way to clear it is with a reset or batt. Pull.
    Like I said a soft reset is a pita on the Torch. You'll know when you do it cause the phone will reboot. I don't know if this what you meant by it didn't appear to do anything. What I have to do is try and press the alt key just b4 pushing the shift and delete keys. My 9700 was a small pain but at least I didn't have the over balanced weight of the screen up top. Glad this seemed to help. When you get to att be prepared for the dumb founded stare when you ask them your question. Your going to blow their mind. I know "I did". That was a good laugh.

My error. I forgot that way back I excluded browser history from the universal search options!

CrackBerry Newbie

i tried clicking the search button (where the history normally listed). Then click option, go > search option, there you will see the clear history & you can untick save search history. it's done!