previous OS can tell that by looking at the icon present when browsing, but now both icons are there when browsing

how do i know?

thanks
    08-14-10 05:20 PM
    Mine changes from either edge or 3g to the wifi logo.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-14-10 05:23 PM
    Mine is showing BOTH the wifi logo and the signal strength bar... weird... so yours is only 1 icon (either wifi OR the bar) and not both?
    08-14-10 05:32 PM
    The only way to use Wifi only and not route through AT&T's proxy's is to turn off all connections except Wifi.
    08-14-10 05:34 PM
    Sorry. I forgot to mention that. I have the wifi logo,the BB data logo and the signal meter on mine.

08-14-10 05:38 PM
    Sorry. I forgot to mention that. I have the wifi logo,the BB data logo and the signal meter on mine.

Right, but if the AT&T network is not turned off, although on wifi, the data will route through AT&T's proxy thus accumulating kb's which could eventually hurt if you don't have unlimited data.
    08-14-10 06:21 PM
    Well this sucks.... WHy don't it auto communicat to wifi when wifi is available like on os5?
    08-14-10 06:33 PM
    Well this sucks.... WHy don't it auto communicat to wifi when wifi is available like on os5?
    It actually does. One of the new things about OS 6 is that it uses the same browser for wifi or cell signal browsing. The older versions of bb OS actually had 3 browsers: a wifi browser, a wap browser, and the normal browser. They all opened through the same icon though. On OS 6, the one browser connects through wifi if a connection exists, and uses cell towers if not. That is why it alway shows both the wifi icon and the signal meter.
    08-14-10 07:28 PM
    My big question would be since its a multi tasking os, how does one tell what apps are actually running at the moment so that I can turn off unneeded apps.
    08-14-10 07:32 PM
    My big question would be since its a multi tasking os, how does one tell what apps are actually running at the moment so that I can turn off unneeded apps.
    Your question is off topic, but hold down the menu button (button with the BB logo next to the trackpad) and it will bring up a list of what's currently running.

Now on topic, I remember in one of the videos Kevin did he said the browser automatically switches to hotspot browser when there's a wifi connection made, there's no manual selection of browsers anymore. So if you see the wifi icon at the top right of the browser, you're using wifi, or at least that's what I assume.

08-14-10 08:00 PM
    well said Noah
    08-14-10 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD