Just got back to the office with my Torch. I will have to wait to use the DSW on DM 6.0 until I get home.

The phone fits perfectly in my 9700 holster and the Torch uses the sames charging adaptors as the 9700.

Later this evening, when I have time to play and setup the phone, I will be back with more updates.

The store in Southaven, MS received 30 Torchs and has sold about half a dozen since they opened this morning.
    08-12-10 12:42 PM
    Ya if only rim put on a better screen I swear this would be the sickest phone. I'm in love with it so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 12:48 PM
    I honestly love this phone. I don't know why so many people hate it. Its basicly the perfect phone for me : touch screen and physical keyboard!
    08-12-10 12:52 PM
    JCP, be careful using the 9700 holster. Just read the other night on one of the blogs that the 9700 holster will not put the 9800 to sleep when in holster secondary to the magnet doesn't line up properly.

08-12-10 05:23 PM
    Just be sure to lock it and that will put it to sleep before you put it into the case. This is what Im doing with this generic case until I get something oem cheap on ebay.

JCP, be careful using the 9700 holster. Just read the other night on one of the blogs that the 9700 holster will not put the 9800 to sleep when in holster secondary to the magnet doesn't line up properly.

08-12-10 05:27 PM
    I am only using the 9700 holster until the OEM is available. Thanks, though.

What Is In the Box?

The same as the unboxing video.

Build Quality

Solid physical keyboard. Virtual keyboard is taking a bit of getting used. I probably to reduce the sensitivity down from 6.

Physical keyboard is way better than the 9700 or the 9000.

Very minimal wiggle when fully opened. But the slider mechanism is crisp and solid. I did not notice a very slight wiggle when pressing the buttons near the trackpad. Otherwise, when closed and performing other functions, absolutely no wiggle. If you guys had not mentioned it, I wouldn't have noticed it.

Trackpad is better and more solid than my 9700. Absolutely no wiggle.

No rattling noise from the camera. There was a very slight one on my 9700. Have not tested the camera, either pictures or video.

Conversion Issues From 9700

Once I updated DM to 6.0, converted only the data since I had so many apps, some of which were not compatible. This was an easy fix by going to CB App Store and changing my PIN on the compatible ones allowing me to download, reinstall and re-register them.

Moving apps on the home screen is a breeze by hovering over the icon and choosing the move option and then tap the location on the screen for the destination.

I had to login to my email account and re-validate the account. Then, my email inbox go flooded with more 30 emails.

Everything else...contact, calendar etc...all came over fine.

OS Update

Will do so as soon as my son gets off my home office PC since it is Friday night and he is having a great time with his friends on an online video game.

Webkit Browser

This is fast and much better than I was expecting. Pinch to zoom and double tap work great. Tabbed browsing is great as well. You won't grow old waiting for pages to load. It is not as fast as the i4 but much better than the 9700 and definitely better than the 9000.

Swiping and scrolling on the touchscreen is also great.

Accessories

I have a 32 GB micro SD and two OEM charging cradles coming next week. The micro SD Class 2 card was on Amazon. The OEM cradles are from the CB Store.

Once I have had more time to play with and get used to the Torch, I will be back with more. The only negative feedback that I have been aware of is from the whiny namby pamby jackw's who need some self-confidence and more realistic expectations. This is a phone after all. A very nice one with lots of things to like and some for the wish list for the Torch update.
    Last edited by jcp007; 08-13-10 at 09:09 PM.
    08-13-10 09:02 PM
    The only negative feedback that I have been aware of is from the whiny namby pamby jackw's who need some self-confidence and more realistic expectations.
    I don't think "jackwagon" is considered a curse word.
    08-13-10 09:10 PM
    The release of the OS 6.0 version by AT&T is the same as the one loaded on the phone, correct? AT&T is simply releasing it in case of OS reinstalls, correct?
    08-14-10 11:47 AM

I Love it my torch as well. I am currently using the 9700 holster that comes with the 9700. It puts my torch to sleep. Seems to line up fine. I am thinking of getting the horizontal holster though.
    08-14-10 11:55 AM
    The release of the OS 6.0 version by AT&T is the same as the one loaded on the phone, correct? AT&T is simply releasing it in case of OS reinstalls, correct?
    Correct.

10char
    08-14-10 03:57 PM
    Congrats!!!! I am loving mine too!!!

Only wish for better ring tones, but I can get my own. Something else had bugged me yesterday but I can't remember now!!!
    08-14-10 04:03 PM
    Picked mine up today and loving it so far.
    08-14-10 04:09 PM
    loving mine also
    08-14-10 05:30 PM
    I have not noticed the call quality problems noted by other posts.

My Moto H15 bonded just fine with my Torch. My 32 GB card arrived yesterday. The speakerphone is just fine. I have noticed the occasional text message indicator still being present after the message has been deleted.

I have no issues with the battery cover as is sometimes the case with new berrys.
    08-14-10 07:58 PM
    Does anyone like the weightiness of the Torch? I like it because when I use an i4, I feel like it might break. My wife loves her i3Gs because the bulk and weight make it seem like a real phone.
    08-14-10 09:52 PM
    Pictures, videos and ringtones all came over well. The pictures are in a great slide show that pans across the pictures and fades to the next one.
    08-15-10 08:44 AM
    Does anyone like the weightiness of the Torch? I like it because when I use an i4, I feel like it might break. My wife loves her i3Gs because the bulk and weight make it seem like a real phone.
    Yes, the Torch has a very sold, well built feel to it. Much better than my 9000 which the battery door would tend to creak at times. Most other phones feel like if you drop them they'll smash into pieces, the Torch feels so solid that if you dropped it on concrete, the result would be a crack in the concrete.
    08-15-10 09:12 AM
    i actually dropped mine about 4 ft high!
    while inside a leather case.. so far everything works
    08-15-10 09:20 AM
    Looks like you dodged a bullet. I have had the same problem with all my berrries.

Movies that I ripped for my 9700 are just fine and I like the video player on the Torch much better than the 9700. I only moved Avatar since the Mobiola software will probably push out an update for the Torch soon. Then I will convert it and all my other movies. The sound and video quality are way better than the 9700.
    08-15-10 09:28 AM
    Yes an awesome piece of crap. Never seen trash that looked so good.
    08-15-10 09:35 AM
    i feel your pain! solution here is to return it. go to the nearest Apple store and return your iphone 4. they're insulting your intelligence by giving you a bumper for a real hardware problem with the antenna..
    08-15-10 09:38 AM
    Look at your i4 which looks great for a toy.
    08-15-10 09:39 AM
    I've had my since Thursday morning and I am loving it so far!

My only issue has been the learning curve with the OS, which should be good in about a week or so

It's nice to see a positive thread about the torch. I love the build quality, the weight, the physical keyboard. And I have experienced none of the lag that people have been complaining about. It's a very solid phone in all aspects of that word.
    08-15-10 10:26 AM
    Its so nice to read the positive threads!!!! It does however make waiting on my delivery very very difficult!!!! I can't stand the waiting process!!!! Love that there's tons of information already out there amungst my CB co-addicts!!! (-:
    08-15-10 12:18 PM
    Really, you do have an iPhone, don't you?
    08-15-10 12:20 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD