Recently obtained a new unlocked Torch and originally was having issues receiving e-mails through my hotmail, live.ca, and university accounts. Yesterday it seemed to have sorted itself out (I think) but now I'm having issues again. I think it might have to do with being on wi-fi after 5pm when I'm usually home from work? Can that cause an issue? I've resent the service books several times. My live.ca and gmail accounts seems to be working still.

Update 1: Just did a test turning off wi-fi and all of my accounts but my hotmail account received it.

Update 2: My university account received the 2nd test before the 1st for whatever reason too.
    06-30-11 07:05 PM
    As long as you have pushed your service books and the email works fine over the mobile network then all of your email accounts should be received as quick or quicker via WiFi.
    - Have you tried rebooting your WiFi Router and modem...power them down for a minute?
    - Have you tried removing the WiFi setup on the device and then reconnecting it to your router again?
    - rebooted the phone? (I had to ask)
    06-30-11 07:12 PM
    Haven't tried the first two options. I did a reboot earlier today for a BBM update that required a reboot. I wonder if that messed everything up? I'd hate to have my e-mail service go all wonky each time I reboot.
    06-30-11 07:14 PM
    If you are referring to the recent BBM 6.0.0.111 beta update, it should not be a problem. I have it and my emails (work domain, gmail, rogers and live.ca) all still work on my 7 year old Linksys WiFi.
    06-30-11 07:19 PM
    If you are referring to the recent BBM 6.0.0.111 beta update, it should not be a problem. I have it and my emails (work domain, gmail, rogers and live.ca) all still work on my 7 year old Linksys WiFi.
    Opps should have been more clear on that. I meant the restarting of the phone may have messed things up, not the installation of the new version of BBM. It wasn't a beta version it was an official update from the app world.

I restarted my phone after reading your suggestions and I got a flood of e-mails from my hotmail account from the afternoon so that appears to have done the trick for now......
    06-30-11 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD