I have been searching for the last couple of hours and don't seem to find an answer to setting up hotmail as an IMAP on the Blackberry.

Here is the situation: On my iPad someone figured out that if you setup a hotmail account manually as an exchange account and use m.hotmail.com as the mail server, it will work as an IMAP account and syncs the read status of messages. in BB OS 6.0 I can't seem to be able to manually configure an email account. It forces an automated account setup and I can't specify server or account type. Does anybody have any suggestions?

As it is, I was able to get hotmail syncing on my iPad and Palm Pre using the exchange server method. It really helped track which messages needed to be read and which ones could be ignored and simply filed away. I am finding the BB doesn't have obvious workarounds for the same capability.
    04-17-11 06:06 PM
    As far as I know, due to the way the BB pushes email via their own sevrers and the way in which BIS works, there is no workaround available.
    04-17-11 06:12 PM
    BIS does not support activesync. you wont be able to do this. Android, iOS and Palm too all support full sync both ways using activesync. This is something that RIM needs to implement. I doubt they will anytime soon though
    04-17-11 06:18 PM
    Thanks. This is unfortunate.
    04-17-11 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD