Hi eveyrone, I recently purchased a BB Torch here in Manila, Philippines. I was able to connect my handheld to a corporate wifi and malls as well. But how come I cannot connect through my home wifi which has a WEP connectivity. It usually prompts and error whenever I browse the internet saying "Unable to connect to the requested server" Hope someone would help me fix this error.

Thanks
    04-07-11 09:57 PM
    What brand of router are you using?
    04-07-11 10:52 PM
    And of course, have you entered the WEP info into your torch? I had to and it works as soon as it detects my WiFi signal.
    04-08-11 12:01 AM
    Could be that, or the router and torch aren't connecting to the BIS network and its giving that error. i know for me, if I'm on wifi at home, I get the 3G symbol at the top (standard theme) and the BB (BIS connected) icon beside the wifi logo. if its not like that, the wifi connection isn't connected to BIS/BES
    04-08-11 07:51 AM
    Hi, thank you for your prompt replies. First, the brand of the router I am using at home is Zyxel, it is a router provided by our carrier that comes with a modem and the router as well. I also entered our WEP key at home and I am sure that is correct because my laptop do connect on the internet when I am entering the WEP key. I also tried turning off the network connectivity of my phone and left the wireless network open but still encounters the error. What else can I do?

thanks
    04-10-11 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD