I wanted to try out blackberry 6.0. I was excited i went to att and to my dismay android still alot faster. I love blackberry but if this there attempt to have faster web browsing all i have to say i.am disappointed. I bet email is ok but i don't want to wait for web browsing. Blackberry is still a joke right now.
    08-12-10 01:12 PM
    Wrong time and place for this post. Everyone seems to be loving their Torch, including me!!
    08-12-10 01:15 PM
    I wanted to try out blackberry 6.0. I was excited i went to att and to my dismay android still alot faster. I love blackberry but if this there attempt to have faster web browsing all i have to say i.am disappointed. I bet email is ok but i don't want to wait for web browsing. Blackberry is still a joke right now.
    Well, jiminy crickets.....wh said the Torch was faster than an Android? We all know it's not, so why bother posting regurgitated information? Have you not read any of the threads here?

Boo freakin' hoo!
    08-12-10 01:16 PM
    Wrong time and place for this post. Everyone seems to be loving their Torch, including me!!
    thats because they are going from previous blackberry.

Previous Blackberry to 9800, great improvements

Current Android device to 9800; not so great improvements
    08-12-10 01:17 PM
    One in every crowd.
    08-12-10 01:18 PM

exactly!!!
    08-12-10 01:19 PM

Then purchase an Android device and be happy, telling tales of your super phone on their forums!
    08-12-10 01:20 PM
    Then purchase an Android device and be happy, telling tales of your super phone on their forums!
    aren't the Android(and Apple) sites linked to this one by design? Isn't the whole point for users of all platforms to share these types of conversations? Otherwise, why link them and allow open enrollement?
    08-12-10 01:22 PM
    I was just hoping to go back to blackberry. But if the web browsing is slow i can't do my work out of the office. I just thought blackberry would try to be as fast as what's on the market.
    08-12-10 01:23 PM
    We are on a forum, correct? Or am I mistaken.

Forums are all about opinions on a product. In this case, the 9800. He is just posting his experience about the 9800, just like the rest (except everyone else has positive things to say about it)and comparing it to an android device.

You need to relax and loosen the panties you are wearing.
    08-12-10 01:25 PM
    I still do not understand why people have to get off on going onto forums for devices they hate just to bash it. I don't like any Apple but I don't see the need to sign up to a forum just to bash their preducts. If you don't like BlackBerrys fine. Then get the H3!! out of this forum and go play with your Android!!! People really need to grow up.
    08-12-10 01:26 PM

Forums are all about opinions on a product. In this case, the 9800. He is just posting his experience about the 9800, just like the rest (except everyone else has positive things to say about it)and comparing it to an android device.

It's a forum for like-minded BB drones to pretend they are in an echo chamber.
    08-12-10 01:27 PM
    9700 user to Torch, LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!
    08-12-10 01:27 PM

too many pointless accusations here. some people just love bashing around and nagging.

with Torch coming out I think constructive posts are more valuable.

well. freedom of speech. just let him/her keep bashing around then.
    08-12-10 01:28 PM
    Anything if faster than my Pearl Flip, even my inactive Curve. What bugs me is the response lag after clicking on an app or scrolling through, which the 8230 suffers alot on, My Moto Android (528MHz CPU) lags occasionally on the home screen otherwise rarely lags. So far on videos of the 9780 I haven't seen any lag with OS 6, I'm looking forward to upgrading to that phone.
    08-12-10 01:31 PM
    Wow all i was saying all this hype for 6.0 was a joke. I have 6 blackberrys. But they are gathering dust while my droid and droid x is getting play time. I just thought rim would try harder
    08-12-10 01:31 PM
    ....Forums are all about opinions on a product. ....
    No, forums are not all about opinions. Forums were created to give people a place to ask questions and get help or just general discussions regarding a product. It's just rude and unnecessary for people to be on a forum for a product they hate. If someone has moved on to a different product good for them. If they want to stay part of the forum to help from their previous expeience that is fine. But I'm tired of all the "blackberry suck", "Android rules over BlackBerry" type BS posts.
    08-12-10 01:32 PM
    Wow all i was saying all this hype for 6.0 was a joke. I have 6 blackberrys. But they are gathering dust while my droid and droid x is getting play time. I just thought rim would try harder
    Yeah. Go droid. Unfortunately we don't want to share your joy of owning a Droid. I really cannot feel you da*n it.
    08-12-10 01:33 PM
    Blackberry obviously isnt worried about what is on the market. They still have large corporate contracts because of the email systems. Which is what the blackberry is all about. And the blackberry customers on this forum like blackberries as well, so they make money on the corporate contracts, then make money on all of us who love blackberry for what it is.

If we want to play games, Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony got our backs. If you want a powerful messaging and communication phone, Blackberry has our backs.

To a blackberry customer, a true blackberry customer, a blackberry is all we could ask for!
    08-12-10 01:36 PM
    9700 user to Torch, LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. Loving my new 9800. My 9700 died last week on vacation and had to setup a Bold 9000 to get me through. The 9800 is fast, meaning screen transitions and I'm not complaining as of yet. Still getting used to the touch screen since that is all new, but the device is very well built and am loving it.
    08-12-10 01:39 PM
    No, forums are not all about opinions. Forums were created to give people a place to ask questions and get help or just general discussions regarding a product. It's just rude and unnecessary for people to be on a forum for a product they hate. If someone has moved on to a different product good for them. If they want to stay part of the forum to help from their previous expeience that is fine. But I'm tired of all the "blackberry suck", "Android rules over BlackBerry" type BS posts.
    Bad choice of word on my part. You are correct, however, you are entitled to post opinions on the forums also or claim if a product is below par with another device. This helps shed light on people who do not know a lot about smart phones.

As previously stated, this site is all about cross platforms discussion. If this site was entirely based for blackberry device then the original poster is clearly on the wrong website posting the information he posted. But that is not the case here.

If you are tired of these types of thread, there is a simple solution to it, ignore it.
    08-12-10 01:41 PM
    Blackberry obviously isnt worried about what is on the market. They still have large corporate contracts because of the email systems. Which is what the blackberry is all about. And the blackberry customers on this forum like blackberries as well, so they make money on the corporate contracts, then make money on all of us who love blackberry for what it is.

If we want to play games, Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony got our backs. If you want a powerful messaging and communication phone, Blackberry has our backs.

To a blackberry customer, a true blackberry customer, a blackberry is all we could ask for!
    Now this guy is clearly a blackberry fanatic. This thread had nothing to do with market shares or who has what contracts with which companies.
    08-12-10 01:44 PM

Problem is there aren't enough people like you to keep RIM in business anymore. Thus, they needed to expand into the consumer market and the Torch is their flagship. We'll see how well it does.
    08-12-10 01:44 PM
    No but it was saying how RIM needs to try and keep up because of the Android deviced etc because of the OS and junk. And I simply said that RIM has the corporate contracts so why would they be bothered what Android is doing and trying to keep up.

I am not worried about how long RIM will be in business as I am sure the end is not in the near future. I have had an iPhone and played with android devices and the OS may run smoother or whatever, but its a too each his own type a deal. Like others have said if you dont like blackberry go join an Android forum. Dont come on here and say its bad because it cant compete with an Android OS or something because thats not what the basis of the phone is all about. If thats what you want in a phone thats what Android is for.
    08-12-10 02:08 PM
    Well my friend, I'm coming back after 2 years with iphone. Also I tested several website while waiting for the torch to compare android vs blackberry web browser. No big difference. Sometimes bb wins, some times the samsung. But on any 3G speed test the Torch won everytime. All phones has the good, the bad and the ugly. The Torch has more goods than bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 03:09 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD