please be kind.. i've never done this before... and yes, I did search, a little

I have a theme with hidden dock (?) and hot spots. the spots are empty. I presume that's so i can put my own apps or shortcuts in there, yes/no?

if so, how please, do you do it?

also, it's hit and miss making the dock come out, how please, do you do that, too?

TIA
    04-22-11 11:07 PM
    It would help if we knew the name of the theme youu are using?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-11 12:14 AM
    It would help if we knew the name of the theme youu are using?

Exactly what I was thinking. We really cant help you without knowing the theme you purchased and what its functions are.
    04-23-11 06:33 AM
    gosh, I'm sorry. I didn't know it was theme specific...

this is what it says on the receupt. purchased from crackberry app store. i know that's not much, but is it enough informatio?

bbt's TINT | Fast and flexible, with color | Supports OS6 devices! Torch 9800 Black Purple OS6 icons

thanks again for your help.
    04-23-11 08:20 AM
    Did you read all the info on the page?

I found this :

* Bbt's Options Panel: Alt+O (+) to show, Alt+Q (#) to hide
    * Hideable Icon dock: Alt+A (*) to show, Alt+Q (#) to hide
    * Hideable Text dock: Alt+I (-) to show, Alt+Q (#) to hide
    * Use Caps (aA) on letters: O=Options, K=Calendar, N=BBM, M=Messages, $=SMS/MMS, L=Profiles, @=Connections, Spacebar=15th icon on app page

Did you try the theme's optionns to customize hotspots? There was also a list of shortcuts for hotspots...

04-23-11 09:48 AM
    Thanks so much for your help and time. I'll keep playing with it. I don't know where to find theme's options yet. I will search.

04-23-11 12:03 PM
    Thanks so much for your help and time. I'll keep playing with it. I don't know where to find theme's options yet. I will search.

Did you try ALT+O ?

04-23-11 12:05 PM
    no, I did not know about alt+O. thank you.

also, I did not know/see the little (more) button that expanded to show me the details until you pointed it out. thank you for that as well.

Actually, the original question was about the blank spaces under the calendar, which I now know is about calendar entries (since I use PI, they did not show). Acidentally, I moved it (somehow) to the next screen, which had messages at the top and sms in the middle, both with 5 or so emptly spaces below them. at that time, did not have any new messages, so I could not figure out what the spaces were for, or how to fill them. this is what I thought was the "customizable" portion.

anyway, thanks to your tips, some reading and some playing, I have been able to make progress in my theme knowledge journey.

thank you so much for your kind replies and helpful suggestions.

cheers!
    04-23-11 03:02 PM
    Did you read all the info on the page?

I found this :

* Bbt's Options Panel: Alt+O (+) to show, Alt+Q (#) to hide
    * Hideable Icon dock: Alt+A (*) to show, Alt+Q (#) to hide
    * Hideable Text dock: Alt+I (-) to show, Alt+Q (#) to hide
    * Use Caps (aA) on letters: O=Options, K=Calendar, N=BBM, M=Messages, $=SMS/MMS, L=Profiles, @=Connections, Spacebar=15th icon on app page

Did you try the theme's optionns to customize hotspots? There was also a list of shortcuts for hotspots...
    Just FFI - those shortcuts are listed under NON touch screen devices and don't work on the torch.

but it did give me a hint on where to find more information pertaining to themes.

thanks again for your help and time.
    04-23-11 03:21 PM
    Have a look at the rest of the theme's page, there are instructions for touch devices as well, just gotta read 'em.... Good luck

04-23-11 04:49 PM
    i'm all over it, thanks again.
    04-23-11 08:05 PM
    Hi cntrydncr!

If there is not enough information on the crackberry store page, you can always look in the theme forum for the Torch. A lot of themes are also listed there and can give you info and any help you may need. BBT is especially nice and helpful.
    Here's the link to his TINT theme if you'd like to take a gander at it:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f220/pr...s-more-572761/

Hope you get it set-up right. It's a wonderful theme. I'm using it now.
    04-24-11 11:35 AM
    ah, thanks so much ShoshiOne.

Have you noticed your phone slowing down at all since using this theme? I really like it, but all day yesterday, my phone was "thinking" incessantly. Last night, I had to do a battery pull 4 times in a row, then finally gave up. this morning it seems fine, but the day yesterday was completely spent watching the hourglass.

Another question is, have you noticed a battery drain at all?

thanks for your help and the link! will surely check it out!
    04-24-11 12:02 PM
    I've never had battery drain or the phone slowing down like that after installing the theme or switching to it from another.

It might be from something else you downloaded or maybe there was a problem when downloading the theme that happened. You could try to delete the TINT theme, wait for a few hours and see how your phone is doing (could it possibly be from a differnt theme or app?), then reinstall the theme. You can always check back into the crackberry store on your computer and resend the theme to your phone if you decide to try that.
    04-24-11 01:23 PM
    I am loving the theme now! thanks so much for the hot tip!
    It seems to be better today than yesterday. Is it "normal" for themes to need to "settle in"? Strange, but it does seem to be more stable today. Gonna "keep an eye on it" for a while, see how it plays out.

thanks so much to everyone for your time, suggestions and help.
    much appreciated.
    04-24-11 04:00 PM
    In all fairness, I've not heard of a theme needing to settle in. It won't change the amount of memory it needs in the next day. So in that respect I am stumped.

04-24-11 09:00 PM
    i think it might have been the .526 os i recently installed.
    Days and days of nothing but thinking/rebooting cycle.
    I'm updating now, see if it gets better.
    Push comes to shove, I can always go back to .248. That one worked well for me.
    04-24-11 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD