Hi all,
    Im new to Blackberry, started off with a curve, loved it
    Then lastweek i bought a torch, 2nd hand.
    The phone kept popping up with some error and saying restart, sure it was 646 or something like that.

So i updated the phones Os using the BlackBerry desktop software program, no more error, Ya, but i started to notic my new bigger problem.

The phone started to randomly freeze and had to take the battery out to get the phone to work again, some times, it just it freezes and then screen will go black and a little red light will turn on, to the right off the led.

After a day the freezing problem was getting to the point where it will load up and freeze with in 30 secs off the phone loading up, sometime if you take the battery out for 5 mind, it might be fine for 3-4 hours

So lastnight i tryed a fresh reinstall off the Os, using BBSAK, done the device wipe, then load Os, hoping this will fix the error, also tryed downgrading the software and soo on, tryed formating the micro sd, just incase too.

2 things i have noticed, it seems to do it more offen when im using facebook app, but i think thats just where im on it too much haha,
    Other thing, not sure if its me, the signal will die and it will pop up, searching for network then cash, but not all the time, but i have noticed sometimes taking the sim out, the phone will work, alot longer then crash.

Sorry for the essay lol, but does anyone know off anything else i can try?

Phone info:
    Os 6, v6.0.0.570,
    platform 6.6.0.212,
    Network Vodafone - phone unlocked to all networks,
    anything else, feel free to ask

Many thanks terry
    06-20-11 05:16 PM
    Hi Terry. Try restarting in Safe Mode for a while to see if the problem clears up when no 3rd party apps get loaded at bootup. Press Alt-Shift-Del, then as soon as the red LED comes on, press and hold the Esc/Back key during the rest of bootup to enter Safe Mode. If the phone works okay, start deleting apps beginning with whatever you installed most recently.

BTW the dim red light to thr right of the red LED is the face detect sensor. It's supposedly invisible, but I notice it sometimes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-11 06:19 PM
    Hello hubermania,
    Thank you for your reply,
    I dont think the proplem with the phone is to do with an app, i have reinstalled the OS 2-3 times and its started crashing, with and with out my memory card in, also, i have BBH to shrink the OS down to remove most the apps to, so no facebook, etc and still crashes
    Is there a way to reinstall the drivers that boot the phone up?
    One there thing, does anyone know if there been a recall with the torch in the past for any problems with this?

Many thanks terry
    06-21-11 01:36 PM
    Unfortunately, it sounds like there was a reason the seller sold the device. It sounds like you bought it from somebody who was dishonest and knew there was a hardware problem with it.

If it is still acting up after everything you've done, it sounds like hardware, not software.

If possible, I would suggest that you try to return it to the seller and get a refund.

I have not heard anything about recalls. If there was a recall, the seller probably would have sent it back, rather than sold it.
    Last edited by lak611; 06-21-11 at 02:05 PM.
    06-21-11 01:58 PM
    ....and b-t-w I'm impressed with your technical savvy as a newbie to blackberries!
    06-21-11 02:48 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/ heres a link to a jl_cmder thread.Give it a go and then load the newest available os,which I believe as of today is 6.0.0.600 and see if it fixes your problems.While loading the os make sure you uncheck backup, just for good measure.I always re-download anything I want after or I do 3rd party backup.Let us know how the BB acts after that.
    06-21-11 03:18 PM
    As a "longshot", you might want to re-load the OS without shrinking anything. There might be something that you "shrunk" that you shouldn't have. (And there is really no reason the "shrink" the Torch OS, as it has plenty of memory.)

But, it does sound like more of a hardware issue than a software issue.
    06-21-11 03:19 PM
    Thank you for all your replys, nice to get some help the phone is moreless new, but i have noticed that its been dropped and the the bottem part off the slide panel (part with the screen) to the left (where the power button) has been bent up a little so that corner dont side tight to the body part off the phone and sticks up 1.5-2mm, does anyone know if there is a little micro switch along that side off the phone, that could be causing an error?
    I would take it apart and fix the runner, but i dont really want to take it apart, yet haha
    06-21-11 11:20 PM
    Thank you for all your replys, nice to get some help the phone is moreless new, but i have noticed that its been dropped and the the bottem part off the slide panel (part with the screen) to the left (where the power button) has been bent up a little so that corner dont side tight to the body part off the phone and sticks up 1.5-2mm, does anyone know if there is a little micro switch along that side off the phone, that could be causing an error?
    I would take it apart and fix the runner, but i dont really want to take it apart, yet haha
    That part has nothing to do with the hardware of the phone. I have that pretty big gap between my screen and my keyboard and my phone works perfectly fine.

Your hardware is located under the keyboard portion of the torch. Maybe take apart the phone and see if there is anything disconnected?
    06-22-11 01:37 AM
    hmm, i got to say, my phone been working sweet all night, but i have noticed its nice and cold in that area, seems to crush when its warm, i have to do some testing and see what i can find, thx again
    Last edited by terry-ammon; 06-22-11 at 05:52 AM.
    06-22-11 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD